Quantcast

F#cking Rice weevils

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Damnit, I was going to have me some rice for dinner, but when I put the rice into the water.... I noticed something. Little black beetles. Son of a bitch, So I start checking any other dry food products in the house and wouldnt you know it, there in the bag of flour as well. Come to findout, it would appear the wife brought home a back of bird seed for the birdfeeder, that had these little bastards in it. And from ther we have friggin rice weevils in teh house. Oh well, just another pain in the ass to deal with. at least there not hard to eliminate

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Ziplocs and tupperware are your friends. Industrial sized mayonnaise jars work well too. We save all of our old jars and fill them with dry goods. We've lived in too many places where we've had to fight vermin for our food.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Where I'm going we're gonna have every flavor of weevil--I feel yo' pain.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Oh the story gets better tonight. Let me start off with, I love my wife, but sometimes........

I didnt know it, but she dumped the uncooked bad rice down the garbage disposal. Anyone who has had someone do this before knows how my night went. So, the connector pipe from one side to the other was pretty much plugged solid. But before we knew how bad it was plugged, I tried with frustration to use a plunger, and guess what, the plastice pipe popped apart underneath the sink. So we have another big ass mess that I was cleaning up. Its all good, she went and got me a twelve pack of Sam Adams BL.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Oh the story gets better tonight. Let me start off with, I love my wife, but sometimes........

I didnt know it, but she dumped the uncooked bad rice down the garbage disposal. Anyone who has had someone do this before knows how my night went. So, the connector pipe from one side to the other was pretty much plugged solid. But before we knew how bad it was plugged, I tried with frustration to use a plunger, and guess what, the plastice pipe popped apart underneath the sink. So we have another big ass mess that I was cleaning up. Its all good, she went and got me a twelve pack of Sam Adams BL.
When will people learn that garbage disposal does not equal wood chipper? When I was manageing apartments it never ceased to amaze me what people would put down the garbage disposal :huh: