Quantcast

F da police part ?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Walking home tonight, I saw someone force open a locked fence and start trying doors in the yard of an auto repair shop. I called 911. Having described the incident and location, the first follow up question I was asked was, "what was his race?" When I was unwilling to ascribe an ethnicity to the offender based on a quick glance I got at a guy in a hoodie with terrible lighting, the response I received was "we'll alert the nearest officer" and a hang up. I want to follow this up. Best course of action?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Go up the chain. Find out who the supervisor is, etc.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Let the guys at the auto repair shop know too. And keep in mind that it is kind of hard to run down every guy in a hoody to find the perp. Perhaps replacing the term "unwilling" with "unable" in your description above would be a start...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Also dont be surprised if you get brushed off if you call the police about it. You are not the property owner, just the reporting party. While they should have taken your name and number as a witness, they maintain plausible deniability, especially if there was little or no damage done that night.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I left the repair shop a voicemail.

Fair point about my use of "unwilling".

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Calling all cars. 5150 in progress at the corner of Hero St. and Dumbfvck Ave.

State police confirm the young girl found wandering naked and confused along I-5 early Sunday morning was apprehended with a Taser.

Officials say that woman is a juvenile. She was found just after 4:00 a.m. between mileposts 18 and 19, apparently unresponsive and unaware of her surroundings.
http://www.kdrv.com/taser-used-on-naked-i-5-wanderer/