Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
juggalos are considered a gang in some states. haahhahahahahahahah

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
These are the wonders of the universe which you can't figure out? It's called physics.

For the refrigerant look up "vapor pressure".

The other question is more difficult because of all the variables. The short answer is that the table will loose heat more quickly because it is more conductive. After a period of time both will reach 62 deg.

If you want the real answer you would need to know the dimensions and thermal properties of each item as well as some information about the environment of the room. Then crack open your trusty thermodynamics text book and do a bunch of math! (or use a computer)
You just had to ruin it didnt you.... I was hoping someone would answer the table is colder....... Teh variables on that dont mean ****.... after that much time, everything would be the same temp... yes to the touch the metal table will "feel" colder, because yes the metal will conduct heat faster, taking more heat from your hand

As for the refrigerant, there is a better answer than vapor pressure, its boiling point. Basically itll boil off inside the container until it reaches enough pressure to stop it from boiling..... Etc Etc.....

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Verlinde's work is interesting because it's simple and elegant. I'm not in a position to say whether the model's sound or not, but it's a good read.
Well I havent read "On the origin of gravity and the laws of Newton" but I know a lot of people are sceptical.

From what Ive read about it, he makes a lot of assumptions that have no substantial evidence behind it.
From what I also understand from it is that his theory would be an improvement over General Relativity as General Relativity was over Newtonian Gravity. A deeper paradigm, if you will.

If true, it means we have to get rid of some other established theories and it would mean yet another adoptation to string theorie, but Entropic Gravity certainly has raised a lot of peoples interest and to me it does make sense if the universe can be seen as an entropic system.
(not claiming that I understand everything about this but I read my share of litterature on the subject)

I should definitely give this a read when I find the time for it, thanks for bringing it up!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
As for the refrigerant, there is a better answer than vapor pressure, its boiling point. Basically itll boil off inside the container until it reaches enough pressure to stop it from boiling..... Etc Etc.....
Yup, that's essentially the definition of vapor pressure. ;)

Wikipedia said:
Vapour pressure or equilibrium vapour pressure is the pressure of a vapour in thermodynamic equilibrium with its condensed phases in a closed container. All liquids and solids have a tendency to evaporate into a gaseous form, and all gases have a tendency to condense back to their liquid or solid form.