Quantcast

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
welding in shorts and tshirt. fale :D

im pretty sure magnets make your watch and tv work 10x better.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
They somehow just do. I'm gonna leave it at that. Google says it has to do with Gravity, Magma, and Bananas, I got hungry and forgot what I was looking up. Wikipedia didn't know either......

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
it's kind of like gravity, they know that it DOES work, they know some stuff about it and some ways to calculate how forceful and such, but they really don't know HOW or WHY.

"How does the solid rear axle on a positrack work? It just does."

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
What's wrong with welding in shorts and a t shirt? So you get a tan and a little weld spatter on ya. Big deal.
If you do it without a shirt it keeps you from getting a farmer's tan. Less time than laying out and cheaper than the tanning salon
:D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
im a pvssy when it comes to burns :p
I applaud your honesty. :D

The worst one is when spatter goes into your shoe. By the time you get the shoe off it's cooled anyway.

(I used to work as a horse corral welder. I MIG welded for 6 hours a day. Crappy job for sure)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Watch that and Cheeseburger Josh back-to-back, and you get a little high, like when you hold your breathe for too long.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
"... and I don't want to talk to a scientist, ya'll motherfvckers lyin', and gettin' me pissed!!!"

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
it's kind of like gravity, they know that it DOES work, they know some stuff about it and some ways to calculate how forceful and such, but they really don't know HOW or WHY.

Are you serious?
We have some really elegant formulae for Magnetism as well as gravity these days...
Its not THAT hard to understand how Ferro Magnetisme works...

Newtonian gravity and later Einstein, made it pretty clear how gravity works and they are now even searching for the workings on a quantum level.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I applaud your honesty. :D

The worst one is when spatter goes into your shoe. By the time you get the shoe off it's cooled anyway.
(I used to work as a horse corral welder. I MIG welded for 6 hours a day. Crappy job for sure)
Specially when it lands on the tongue of your shoe, melts straight through, you jump, and it rolled down right between your toes........ Get you sshoe off, and its just part of your toes now....... Or how bout when it melts into your toenail.... that one is friggin awesome!!!!!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Well the rednecks just weld the spider gears in place..... that gives them a "posi"

Seriously though Posi is easy to understand how it works.

Now riddle me this, I have two cans of refrigerant, one has 22 lbs, one has 4 lbs, containers are the same size.... How the F#ck are the pressures identical when they are sitting side by side????

How bout this one

Room sits at 62 degrees for 18 hours, in that room is one metal table, and one book on the table. The table was 68 degrees when it was brought in, the book was also 68 degrees. After sitting the the room at 62 degrees for 18 hours......Which is colder, the book or the table?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Now riddle me this, I have two cans of refrigerant, one has 22 lbs, one has 4 lbs, containers are the same size.... How the F#ck are the pressures identical when they are sitting side by side????

How bout this one

Room sits at 62 degrees for 18 hours, in that room is one metal table, and one book on the table. The table was 68 degrees when it was brought in, the book was also 68 degrees. After sitting the the room at 62 degrees for 18 hours......Which is colder, the book or the table?
These are the wonders of the universe which you can't figure out? It's called physics.

For the refrigerant look up "vapor pressure".

The other question is more difficult because of all the variables. The short answer is that the table will loose heat more quickly because it is more conductive. After a period of time both will reach 62 deg.

If you want the real answer you would need to know the dimensions and thermal properties of each item as well as some information about the environment of the room. Then crack open your trusty thermodynamics text book and do a bunch of math! (or use a computer)

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Newtonian gravity is far from complete but it describes gravity in a way that is more then accurate enough for everyday life.

Einsteins General Relativity presents a paradigm that describes gravity on a much larger scale making the theory more complete where Newtonian gravity becomes inaccurate.

There are different theories for gravity on a Quantum level but those have not been proven yet, and might never be proven at all...
M Theory (a unified theory of 5 different string theories) is definitly an interesting one because the Math works out perfectly and may even turn out to be a theory of everything, something Einstein had been looking for the last part of his life.
Only catch is that we dont have the technology to prove this now or in the near or even distant future.

So it might as well turn out to be a bunch of good old fashioned BS :D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
These are the wonders of the universe which you can't figure out? It's called physics.

For the refrigerant look up "vapor pressure".

The other question is more difficult because of all the variables. The short answer is that the table will loose heat more quickly because it is more conductive. After a period of time both will reach 62 deg.

If you want the real answer you would need to know the dimensions and thermal properties of each item as well as some information about the environment of the room. Then crack open your trusty thermodynamics text book and do a bunch of math! (or use a computer)
And I don’t want to talk to a scientist,
ya’ll mutha f***in' lying
and getting me pissed