Quantcast

***F---this Monday gmt¥€¢£

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Up before the alarm, going to leave work at noon and go play.

And a phone interview.

Probably why I didn't sleep more.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just got back from first night ride of 2021 season with a friend on a ‘normal’ bike. Super fun, including rain/mist that made seeing down the trails quite hard due to all the reflection from the lights. Lights are too bright on full anyway, but turned them down even more to get less glare. A few close shaves made things even more fun. Hard to get motivated to go out last thing but so fun once you do. 10/10 will hit it again (once I have strip cleaned my absolutely filthy everything).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
bastards slammed my route today. 19 scheduled transports, so maybe 3 rounds of espresso today......

one bad thing about horse show season and being in demand for EMT services is no days off work. My next day off is May 28th. Good money though so I shouldn't complain too much.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Signed on at work by 7am, repairing closet shelf during lunch. Then hopefully after work a bike ride if the closet repair is as easy as I hope it will be.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Still sore from the weekend yard work that never ends. I think I like the winter better. :D

Curious about this week - can be great, can be decent, can be a total shitshow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Three day IT audit starting at work today. Did some pre-audit auditing last week and already found one issue that will be raised, thanks HR! Joy.

Arm is a definitely tender from the covid shot yesterday. But howdy do is my back even worse - the kitteh just used its four claw drive to climb up to my shoulders to get a closer look at a mosquito fluttering around on the wall. JOY.

That sun is out though, sweet.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Took Friday off; scared to see what email look like. Got my new bi-xenon headlights installed yesterday. So much better.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Explored a bunch of new lines yesterday on my solo ride. Just cruised along at a casual pace looking for more challenging/new ways to ride the same trail.

Now, work. May have to go into the office again several times this week. Ive got a bad feeling one of my projects went sideways once it was released and turned over to production. DISLIKE.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Visibility of about 3" out my windows with the low cloud/fog. Potentially lots of snow coming up through tomorrow...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Man this is like a suck week for everybody.

Lost my uncle over the weekend. I guess it was expected and surprised nobody, and he was on his way down for some time. Still, I feel for my cousins and his wife (my aunt). I didn't know him too well.

Had a pretty decent weekend otherwise though. Saturday was spent mostly in bed, occasionally getting up to see what the haps was around the house, but mostly dealing with the aftereffects of shot #2. Missed a dad's night but managed to cram in a 12 mile SPRINT ALL THE THINGS ride on the road bike. Sunday I took the kids to the beach to give my wife some space to chill TFO with nobody bothering her. Ended up being a spectacular day for the kids and I :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spent way too many days at McCormick place doing trade shows in mid winter there. The summer shows were ok if the Humidity was low

Spent too much of my life there for IMTS. Spend two weeks building a 16000 ft^2 factory on carpet, week of a show and a week to tear down. Usually a month of 14 hour days without a single day off. But boy did we run up those expense accounts.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I totally thought Nick just flew off to Central Europe for a weekend btw

I do not like dark, dreary weather, no no no

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Spent too much of my life there for IMTS. Spend two weeks building a 16000 ft^2 factory on carpet, week of a show and a week to tear down. Usually a month of 14 hour days without a single day off. But boy did we run up those expense accounts.
I was a sales guy for a small watch company. 10x10 pop up. 30 minutes s to set up or tear down. Later when I worked for CASIO they had contractor crews doing the set up and tear down. Us sales guys just flew in for the show. Of course we did two shows a month all around the country. I fucking lost track of what day, what city, and what product line the show was aimed at. I don't miss that shit at all.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was a sales guy for a small watch company. 10x10 pop up. 30 minutes s to set up or tear down. Later when I worked for CASIO they had contractor crews doing the set up and tear down. Us sales guys just flew in for the show. Of course we did two shows a month all around the country. I fucking lost track of what day, what city, and what product line the show was aimed at. I don't miss that shit at all.

This was just one part of the last booth I set up, although the most physically imposing. For scale, that frame being swung around is from a Volvo semi, or maybe a combine. Dealing with the Teamsters Union was like dancing with the devil.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
hey @StiHacka @CrabJoe StretchPants @Adventurous

Thinking of heading to leominster SF on Saturday afternoon. Any of you punks want in? Wifey has shot 2 in the morning, so sunday is going to be a wash and somebody's gotta watch the kids while she gets her autism upgrade. Thoughts?
Weather forecast isn't looking great for either day, I'll have to play it by the ear.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
how cold is it right now?
Perfect temps imo, with highs in upper 50s and lows in mid/lo 40s. One day was pretty cloudy and windy AF, so that required some extra layers, but overall it's been lovely. About to go for boat cruise around the harbor, so that will be a little more nipply. But if you're hiking up some of these steep punchy ascents, cooler is better for me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Perfect temps imo, with highs in upper 50s and lows in mid/lo 40s. One day was pretty cloudy and windy AF, so that required some extra layers, but overall it's been lovely. About to go for boat cruise around the harbor, so that will be a little more nipply. But if you're hiking up some of these steep punchy ascents, cooler is better for me.
too cold to swim in the alpine lakes then.