Quantcast

F1RST Trailer

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
It looks sweet and not quite as Samtastic as the other movies coming out. The narrator is a little weird though.

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Some of the footage reminds me of "Picture This" (Mack Dawg productions) snowboard dvd that came out last year. Just in the way they approach the filming and that it's done in HD id assume.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Absolutely awesome footage, but that narrator is a bit wanky... it's riding your bike down a hill, not fighting for your life in a traumatic WW2 battle.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
No doubting the footage is incredible and I can't wait to see it. That said, I'm kinda wishing for a DH video that has less narration and interviews, and some less "creative" music choices...just something rowdy and nonstop.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
No doubting the footage is incredible and I can't wait to see it. That said, I'm kinda wishing for a DH video that has less narration and interviews, and some less "creative" music choices...just something rowdy and nonstop.
Oh, I assure you, you will be quite satisfied in a few months...

Some of us aren't afraid to break out of the only 2 genres MTB movies are seeming to falling into (racer boi Porter/Rankin/wannabe's vs. Collective/NWD/wannabe's) these days.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
You mean like a Rankin/earthed movie? :monkeydance:
I was thinking the same thing. I dont think Clay is approaching his film making the same way that Rankin does with his Earthed movies. If you listened to the commentary for Hypnosis (which i did) he said he wasnt really making these movies to be nonstop riding with metal music etc. He was going for a more documentary style film and all of the interviews were on purpose to show the behind the scenes/feelings/emotions that the racers go through. I think they are different in their approaches but both are awesome to watch depending on what you are looking for. I already have Earthed 5 and i will definitely have F1RST when it comes out.

On a side note, i do think the narrator and "fighting the clock", its a war thing is kinda cheesy and he already did in Hypnosis. Its just racing bikes, and its a lotta fun! :rockout:

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Clay does zip line- that sets him way apart. Did you see the Fox movie he just made?? Nice slow zip to add dynamics. I just wonder if he's still flying on it the line or if he bought a robot zip cam like NWD and Bjorn (Kranked)

I agree about the overused song, but he's young. Totally disagree about the interviews, I like the character development and we can all learn something. I do think the interview segments should be placed less during the riding- just when I get in a rythm the riding stopped and someone had to say something in BTW the tape.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
footage looks absolutely killer.....more lame narration = weak....we've gotten into their heads a few times already, does it really change that much year to year?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
footage looks absolutely killer.....more lame narration = weak....we've gotten into their heads a few times already, does it really change that much year to year?
Doesn't change much from what I've seen...I dig the riding footage, but does anyone else find the combination of dramatic music/narration and attempts at "serious" kinds of questions about riding a bike to be, well, laughable?

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
With DVD's now it would be easy enough to add to the "extras" menu, and eliminate them from the core of the film..