Quantcast

F7

thanza

Chimp
Aug 20, 2009
Tally Nasty, Fl
So I have bought the bike. I relaized later that this will not be good for any kind of bombs. is there anything I could upgrade that could maybe help withstand drops. Or is the frame too light and would crack? I realized I would more then likely need to upgrade the shocks and bottom bracket. Looking at the truativ howitzer. I dont have a stock crank I have a deore. Any opinions greatly appreciated.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Be honest with yourself; what exactly will you be doing with this bike? And are we talking Cannondale F7, the one with the headshock?

The frame isn't for drops, the geometry isn't for drops, whatever fork you have on there isn't for drops... getting the idea? I've broken a BB on a drop, not real fun. I hate to say this, but you need the right tools for the job. You need to get a frame that's going to handle serious abuse and put the right parts on it. The F7 is not that frame.

But you could always ride until it breaks, can't recommend that though.

thanza

Chimp
Aug 20, 2009
Tally Nasty, Fl
Be honest with yourself; what exactly will you be doing with this bike? And are we talking Cannondale F7, the one with the headshock?

The frame isn't for drops, the geometry isn't for drops, whatever fork you have on there isn't for drops... getting the idea? I've broken a BB on a drop, not real fun. I hate to say this, but you need the right tools for the job. You need to get a frame that's going to handle serious abuse and put the right parts on it. The F7 is not that frame.

But you could always ride until it breaks, can't recommend that though.

Eh I have been just doing XC at the moment I was just curious I figured the frame was not built for it. I plan on just buying a other frame and build up. Yes it is the Cannondale F7 CO2

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
you can do a quick google image search probably, it's a shock integrated into the headtube of the frame. It's best your bike doesn't have one.