Quantcast

Fabien Barel's new Mondraker/Subaru DH bike...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
crap, now I have to decide between an ironhorse sunday and a mondraker and a commencial as my next bike, if the cool pro's are riding them they must be good.

that mondraker must be the best bike ever.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I like the integrated seatpost clamp. I always seem to get all my parts together to build a new bike. Then I go to put the seatpost in and hang the bike in the stand only to find I do not have a seatpost clamp.:imstupid:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
crap, now I have to decide between an ironhorse sunday and a mondraker and a commencial as my next bike, if the cool pro's are riding them they must be good.

that mondraker must be the best bike ever.
hm.

can't really tell if this kid is being sarcastic or not. i kind of hope he is, but i'm not really sure who it's aimed at. better not be me! :thumb:

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
I'd never heard of them till Fabian signed with them. I might live under a rock though.

BB height is 14.5"
Bike looks good.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Rebirth of an old design? Looks old-hat to me.

Poor Fabien. First the Kona Lump, now this.

And he still is one of the fastest men on this earth.

Remember him losing to Hill in the World Champs by somethingth of a second with a broken something?

My memory ain't what it used to be...

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
I believe it was his ankle and not his leg.

Fabien was in the same position Sam was in a few years back in 2005 where it was Sam who barely lost worlds to Fabien by 1.23s

ArthurDH

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Italy
yeah being second is not like winning, but being second right after such an injury and without an approriate recovery is a victory of itself

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I like the Mondraker front Triangle. I think it looks sweet. I like the Hydro Forming. It would be sick if it had a vpp design.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Mondrakers ride pretty good. The guys at the company know what they're doing, and they actively support the sport and sponsor racers hella. They're definitely top-notch. Fabian is psyched.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
He was coming off a Broke Leg. If he won that would have been his 3ed world champions. In Earthed 5 he looks like he is ready to cry after his run when he found out he as second. I would be ready to too.
Yeah gotta give him full credit for that... and for being such a good sport about it. 2007 was Hill's year though for sure... he dominated everywhere.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Fabien gets the lion's share of my respect in the mtb world.

An all-round nice guy and totally dedicated to his profession.

Not training (properly) for ages, then racing with broken ankle, coming 2nd by a hair's breath? Nothing short of f*cken awesome if you ask me.

I wish him all the best on his new BigHit.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
hm.

can't really tell if this kid is being sarcastic or not. i kind of hope he is, but i'm not really sure who it's aimed at. better not be me! :thumb:
haha second time in a day that i've gotten a "is he being serious?"

nah i'm just making fun of biking fads and the latest greatest thing - i'm sure its a great bike, but then, so is pretty much everything else