Quantcast

Facebook Hiatus

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
It's been a couple months now that I haven't looked at my Facebook account even once. I'll be back on sometime in the New Year.

It's been nice actually. Refreshing.

Facebook seems to be panicking, sending me loads of reports and asking when I'm coming back.

Anyone else taken a leave of absence before? Everyone needs to do it...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I never goto Facebook unless I get an email saying that someone sent me a private message.

Why bother returning? Its all filler and no thriller.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've done it regularly for years. Hell, I just got a page setup a year ago, mostly to stay up with my friends from back home. Sadly, it's also where you can find out bad information before the email network has updated of bad things happening. I found about my best friend's brother dying that way as well as my friend who died Tuesday. Emails were received shortly afterwards, but still.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've been off for almost a year, save for a 1-hr log-in to enter a contest and browse through friend's pictures.

Original reason for turning it off was a fvcking bat sh1t crazy stalker I have but I don't miss it, and if other people would, you know, TALK to stay in touch we'd all be better off.

How's the snow Damo? It's been just ok here in Colorado so far this season but it's early.

Last edited:

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
Never had a facebook account. Didn't seem like I was missing much.

I did like the movie about it though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it depresses me to see the poor musical choices friends i knew in high school have made....

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've been off for almost a year, save for a 1-hr log-in to enter a contest and browse through friend's pictures.

Original reason for turning it off was a fvcking bat sh1t crazy stalker I have but I don't miss it, and if other people would, you know, TALK to stay in touch we'd all be better off.

How's the snow Damo? It's been just ok here in Colorado so far this season but it's early.
Snow was late in coming, but we have loads now. Major avalanche risk. Two big dumps, each following rain equals super unstable slopes.

Its been a busy season here. Getting our new chalet finished in time for the first guests then straight into cooking for them and others. It's been a bit too busy. I think I bit off more than I could chew. Ah well, things get quieter in a week or so, I'll get a chance to head up the hill then...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
It's a decent way to stay in touch with my friends/family that no longer live around here. My wife and I have a lot of close friends that live all over the country.

I do have a bunch of people on there that I no longer care that much about. At times their never ending bitching about their lives makes me feel that my life is actually pretty damn good.

it depresses me to see the poor musical choices friends i knew in high school have made....
A girl that I used to work with has posted several times that "it's a Nickelback kind of day". Makes me laugh everytime. :rofl:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm with ICEBALL. I use it to keep in touch with good friends that no longer live close by. It's nice to see how they're doing and how their family is growing without actually having to drive 8 hours away to see it.

I do hate how some people think it's the only way to keep in touch though.

There are a few things I really like about it. I've "liked" some car pages (retro garage, droppers of dead) and they always post up cool pictures of stuff I'm really into. Love seeing some Datsuns and Air cooled vw's done all proper.
I do get tired of people posting stupid things like, "I could use some funnel cake right about now." Or, "I'm so sad............"
Meh.