Quantcast

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I don't really get it. I got an account to see what all the fuss is about and I still don't know. Is there anyway for someone to explain it to me?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Get with the times grandpa
For real.... I just wanted to see how many friends I could accumulate and how quickly and I beat my wife and fellow co-worker our so now I'm probably going to just delete my account.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have an account because I used to work for a company that made widgets for Facebook (same for myspace). I have never actually don't anything with it other than use it to test widgets, but there have been a hand full of people (that apparently have no life) who have sent me friend requests.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Geez dude, I'm older than you and even I understand:

A. it is a way to artificially create "friends" who you would never talk to in person anyway.

B. it also serves as a way to keep a clear electronic distance between you and your old "school pals".

C. Lastly, it's a way to rewrite your own history - glaze over the bad stuff and accentuate the positive, then blog about it! :busted:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have an account because I used to work for a company that made widgets for Facebook (same for myspace). I have never actually don't anything with it other than use it to test widgets, but there have been a hand full of people (that apparently have no life) who have sent me friend requests.
WTF is a widget for Facebook?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Geez dude, I'm older than you and even I understand:

A. it is a way to artificially create "friends" who you would never talk to in person anyway.

B. it also serves as a way to keep a clear electronic distance between you and your old "school pals".

C. Lastly, it's a way to rewrite your own history - glaze over the bad stuff and accentuate the positive, then blog about it! :busted:
Ok so I've been using it to make fun of people, where does that fit in?

Like this photo

WTF?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I don't really get it. I got an account to see what all the fuss is about and I still don't know. Is there anyway for someone to explain it to me?
<im with stupid smiley>

I had a mysapce for half a second & enjoyed teaching myself CSS but it sucked for the most part.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
WTF is a widget for Facebook?
A widget is a placeholder name for an object or, more specifically, a mechanical or other manufactured device. It is an abstract unit of production.[1] The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as "An indefinite name for a gadget or mechanical contrivance, esp. a small manufactured item" and dates this use back to 1931. It states that the origin is "perhaps U.S." and for etymology suggests that it may be a variant of gadget.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I keep a Facebook account for exercise. I get a good finger workout hitting the ignore button over and over.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have a lot of friends who I do not keep in touch with. But they post on FB and so do I, and I know what they are doing now.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My girlfriend made me get one. It was the easiest way to post up pics, so I've kept it. Now that I've discovered Picasa, I'm less keen.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i dig it. a dude from my class started it so people my year and younger were the first to really adopt it, and the widespread adoption is what makes it fun/useful.

/me has a 4-digit facebook userid.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
i dig it. a dude from my class started it so people my year and younger were the first to really adopt it, and the widespread adoption is what makes it fun/useful.

/me has a 4-digit facebook userid.
I'm probably like the Newest facebook member.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
My friends were talking about it for a while, so my fiance and i created one together. I checked it out once. Blah. Too damn busy. Too much crap everywhere and i'm too lazy and i don't want to put the time into it to clean it up. Plus, there are a lot of douche bags that sent me friend requests. If i wanted to see what they were doing these days, i'd probably still be hangin out with them. Facebook is the ghey.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Facebook is such a PITA. myspace does all i need it to - post pix, post bulletins, post blogs, msg people that i don't want to have my email addy =D

every time i log onto facebook i find some other jackass that wants to pass me a drink or hit me with a fish. lame.

twitter is ossim - 140 characters, 1 picture. i hate my dumbass buds that post 10 tweets in a row because they cant fit it all into 140 characters. asshat, the point is that you are limited to 140 characters; you aren't that interesting = delte!

tumblr.com seems to be coming on strong in the intertubez race.

skunkty14

Monkey
May 29, 2007
I've met a lot of the people I talk to on RM. Plus it's a site devoted to a certain topic.
Might want to mention that to Mr. 4 digit book of faces user ID unless this is now electricbikemotorcycleforspecialneedsmonkey.com :busted: