Quantcast

Faction 22 meets Fit Lurch

iksmudge

Monkey
Nov 4, 2008
I've been looking at The Fit lurch frame; 21.5 tt with 14.25 CS and was wondering if you could put 22's on the fit lurch?
With the faction forks this could be an Orion for a 22 with raised bb.
Any thoughts?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I've been looking at The Fit lurch frame; 21.5 tt with 14.25 CS and was wondering if you could put 22's on the fit lurch?
With the faction forks this could be an Orion for a 22 with raised bb.
Any thoughts?

Because most new bmx frames are designed with shorter dropouts (less horizontal adjustment room) I don't think a 22" rear wheel is going to fit on a FIT Lurch. You would need a 20" frame that has 1"+ of extra dropout slot to pull the wheel back.

But it DOES fit on a 1997 Hoffman TAJ
. However the cs is at 15.75" to make it work. :

As for the front wheel, you'd have to use a 22"-specific fork, which would tilt the front end up the frame up.

Clearly it's best to have a frame with the rear triangle specifically designed for 22"s. The new Faction 'Amero':

FIT Lurch is a good looking bike. I like how somebody made a 20" not all super-low-slung.

Last edited:

iksmudge

Monkey
Nov 4, 2008
Ah didn't I just know it!
CMC is there nothing you haven't tried out? :>
Yeah I like the look of the Lurch too - can't stand all this low slung stuff - things are starting to look like scooters!
That Amero looks amazing, though there is just something about that lurch...

iksmudge

Monkey
Nov 4, 2008
Oh one other thing - I 'm currently riding with the stock cranks that came with my faction - I don't suppose you guys know how big the spindle dimensions are do you - I 'm sure it's 22mm but want to be sure.
Thinking of getting a better crank this Xmas as I'm sick of adjusting the things all the time.

iksmudge

Monkey
Nov 4, 2008
Cmc, do you think the Fit lurch is "bigger" in cockpit size than the faction?
Also would the Deuce Deuce be bigger?
Or am I missing another geometry trick?