Quantcast

fade anodized RF turbines.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
:drool::drool::drool: Where'd you get it done?

EDIT: Oh, at your work, nevermind. I may shoot you a PM in a while for some ano work, that looks amazing!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
reminds me of old-school kooka cranks.
those were the envy of of all back in the day.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
bullcrew said:
Camouflage frame!
I'm doing a buddies frame from Spokane next week in camo anodizing includng the rear links to match.
I'll post the pic with it's own thread.
We have pics of camo on our website with 14 colors available as well as custom colors.
I took a look at that site - that woodland camo is great! I can't wait to see the pics of the frame. I'm thinking that it's time to get rid of the gold adjusters and foot nuts on my 888. A good winter project. Hhhmmm, but what color???:thumb:

toby

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Hello--

Checked out your site. The stuff looks great!! First question is whether or not you can do pink (thanks, Chris King!!!). Next is whether or not you can do parts that have already been anodized. I'm looking to have 2 crank sets done, if possible. Thanks for your input.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yes we can do pink, yes we can stip anodizing and re-anodize.
The ones in the pic were black and crusty, logo was 1/2 worn off amd scratched. I stripped them, polished them and anodizd em.

mantispf2000 said:
Hello--

Checked out your site. The stuff looks great!! First question is whether or not you can do pink (thanks, Chris King!!!). Next is whether or not you can do parts that have already been anodized. I'm looking to have 2 crank sets done, if possible. Thanks for your input.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Just so people understand, I don't make any money for this. The co. I work for is doing these one off's as a favor for me for RM members. This price list does not profit AFI, rather pays the labor, electric, and chemistry for these items only. These are bro deals as a favor.
Frames:
$99 1 color
$149 2 color
Picked up the frame today from Spokane to do the camo ano, should be posted by wed. I'll keep checking in and answering questions.
Price list:
$199 3 color (camo as example)
Components: $45 up to 5 items
(set of canks is considered 1 item, 2 brake levers are considered 1 item, seat post is 1 item, stem is 1 item and so on. Items that are sets are considered 1 item.)
$89 for frame polishing
$29 for component polishing up to 2 items
ADD $35 for Hard anodizing type III

irishMonkey

Chimp
Jun 17, 2005
Los Olivos
[mtnbrider- using my brothers computer and i can't log out his name]

Thats awsome. I tried anodizing, with a car battery recharger; it didn't really work. I think it was because it was an auto charger.

How do you fade anodize? Do you cover part of it with something when coloring, then seal it, then do the other color? I don't know how that would fade though.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Different dyes, tanks and chemicals for the fade line.

irishMonkey said:
[mtnbrider- using my brothers computer and i can't log out his name]

Thats awsome. I tried anodizing, with a car battery recharger; it didn't really work. I think it was because it was an auto charger.

How do you fade anodize? Do you cover part of it with something when coloring, then seal it, then do the other color? I don't know how that would fade though.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
DANG!!! $45 for up to 5 items. That's an excellent deal. Now for my next question. It's not to sound cheap (though I am). I have to keep one of my bikes rideable so I can still train for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo, and would need to send my cranks 1 at a time. I'm guessing that would be $45 for the first crank set, then $45 for the second, plus whatever else I have you anodize. Is this correct?? Thanks for your input.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
mantispf2000 said:
DANG!!! $45 for up to 5 items. That's an excellent deal. Now for my next question. It's not to sound cheap (though I am). I have to keep one of my bikes rideable so I can still train for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo, and would need to send my cranks 1 at a time. I'm guessing that would be $45 for the first crank set, then $45 for the second, plus whatever else I have you anodize. Is this correct?? Thanks for your input.
Yes. they have to be in the run at the same time.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Camo pics coming, we tried a process with the badger 150 airbrush and ano masking dyes for doing the camo. Perfect results in all cracks and crevases as well as a perfect urban design on all sides with no run down or bleed.
We have the frame stripped down and ready. We are eady to roll on monday, it will be posted monday night for sure. It would have been done had it not been a holiday weekend.
We have done alot of camo by all standards is considered perfect, but after having airbrushed a camo pattern we can now surpass any an camo out there.
We just got olive drab in as well so it's aot easier to do a open mountain terrain camo.
By the way we can do camo in different color schemes as well, reds, grey's, bue, gold, pewter, graphite etc...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
By the way it was amo ano'd the other night then restripped and preped for the run again. The pattern was great just not as neat as it being the first ano camo airbrushed frame out there.
We mask all holes and threads as well as the headtube and pivots to guard from the chemicals, this takes a little longer but assures no difference in the tolerances at all.