Quantcast

Faith 1 VS 7.5

hey im in the process of looking for a new fr/dh bike and found good deals on both the ironhorse fr 7.5 and the giant faith 1. They are nearly the same price and im having troubles deciding which one I want. I was hoping for some personal opinions to help me out thanx.:help:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I would say the 7.5. The suspension design is awsome. (dw on here) designed it. I don't like the rock shox that comes w/ it, but everything else is nice.

I want to get a 7.3. I like everything but the fork and rims, which I will replace. The fork is only 6". These bikes are much better with 7" forks like the 7.5 and .7.

The faith looks like a nice bike, but it doesn't seem like a really special suspension design (single pivot- right?) I don't see anything fancy.

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
no the faith has a virtual pivot point type design. i have the faith 2 and i love it, great for downhilling and freeriding. pedals very well. i dont really know about the 66 cause mine has the a junior T, but ive heard alot of good things

john5646

Chimp
Oct 14, 2005
Raleigh NC
Hey why not go with the Specialized Enduro SX. I know it's only 6.6"s of travel, but it feels like 8"s. Full retail on the bike is $3000. It comes w/06 Fox DHX 4.0 Coil, Marzocchi 66F single clamp, 170mm travel.

Attachments

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
That Mastero/DW/VPP is the same basic design, one is just tweaked a particular way versus another. They're all great bikes.

I'd personally throw down for the Giant - it has a better parts spec.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Wow, I didn't know that.

You sure on that number? The one that I rode this summer didn't feel that heavy.

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
50 pounds, whaaaaaaaaaat, mine is like 44 pounds stock, with a junior t, and i beileve the faith 1 is lighter.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
I've been putting some extended riding time on the 7.7 lately (Boxxer up front, DHX Air in back) and saying it's a great bike is putting it lightly. The bike is stable yet beefy, and inspires confidence on any terrain. Freeride, hucking, dh, it doesn't matter. Without a doubt riding this bike has improved my riding and has given me added confidence. I have never ridden a Faith, but hands down the 7.7 is the best FR/DH bike I have had a chance to ride. I'm sure you'd have a blast on a 7.5

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
get a faith. mine weighs about 42 with a boxxer and tubeless. i love the suspension- the maestro is excellent- i like it better than the fsr setup on my old recoil.

by the way, has anyone else tried swapping the upper links side to side- it lowers the bb height about a 1/2 inch.- mine is at 14" even with a 7 inch fork.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
too late but, I like the gaint except for the interupted seat tube. my next bike will have a straight seat tube so I can move the seatpost up and down a lot.