Quantcast

Fake Usac Race Cancellation Emails

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
apparently someone has hacked USAC's site or obtained their email list and sent out fake emails saying certain races were cancelled. IGNORE them. The Plattekill race is on as well as the first GES race at Massunutten. No USAC races have been cancelled.

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
just in from USAC

USA Cycling Events

Due to a programming error, adding tentative events, all events were
erroneously marked as cancelled. Please excuse the error.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
seems to me like a scheduling error. What hacker gives a crap about the usac, and even if they did they would probably just sell whatever email list they stole to spammers rather than taking all that time and effort to forge a bunch of cancellation emails?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
It had nothing to do with a "hacker". Some folks need to take off the tinfoil hats ;)

From USAC:
"It was a technical glitch in the programming. It's been corrected and a new email was sent out this morning."

-ska todd

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I guess I never considered the possibility USAC would send out an email stating that races were canceled that were not, by mistake or otherwise. We were pretty alarmed at Plattekill when the calls started coming in early this morning about our race being canceled. I guess I should have included something about it possibly being a glitch by USAC.

So after opening the eastern downhill season last weekend, Plattekill will be opening the eastern racing season this weekend.

Weather looks great, hope to see ya there!!!!

oh and that's not a tinfoil hat, it's a hardhat and I'll need it this weekend.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I can't imagine how much faster your kid would be if he didn't have to save energy at the end of the day to drive your ass home! And hard hats can't make up for past damage;)

Cheers!

Nat