Quantcast

Fall 2007 Gran Turismo 4 Challenge

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
whoops, game day 337. i blame my iPhone :D

jet, that's cool. make sure to get screenshots when you post ridiculously fast times in future contests tho. (and couldn't you do the same screenshot-of-diary trick you did last time?)

for people needing to get further in the game, washing your car counts as one day, i believe...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hey Toshi...I just hit race day 2001 and all the black cars were in the used section. I tried to buy them all but before I could get the last one it was updated and it was gone. I'm stoked because I missed them the first time...but I thought it was only a one shot deal?

The 787B is sick in all black :)
they are available from days 694-699 modulo 700

I looked in the diary and it wasn't there. I don't know what happened. I'd rather be honest than be considered making something up.
Are we doing the wall hugging for this race or do we need to stay on the track?
Either way it'll be interesting...

Whos got times so far?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
anything goes, including wallriding if it makes you faster. i haven't played it at all yet, won't until sunday...

edit: no wallriding

did you have a time recorded in the diary that i can use to update the stats?

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
well all i've got so far is a 1:06:247......i know i should be able to get it down in the :04's though...........hopefully

has no one else but jet tried it yet?

come on you lazy bastards...... :brow:

can i say that? :hmm:

Are you wallriding or not? I am about to sit up all night and play.
I'd like to know the setup you got. I'll post mine so I have someone to really race - fast. Like on really equal terms. I get the steering down pretty well, but I have trouble with the tranny/gearing.
I just think it would be really fun if that one guy that has 'the setup' to let everyone know and then we can knock off tenths of seconds.

Here's mine

Racing exhaust
sport chip
NA 1
tires S3
nitro 50shot
race brakes /w controller 1f 12 rr
race FC suspesion
springs 10ff 9.5 rr
rh 127 ff 129 rr
shocks - bound 8,8 rebound 6 7
camber 2.4ff 1.5 rr
toe 1 ff 0 rr
stablizer 5ff 6 rr
FC tranny
3.73 auto at 10
3 plate clutch
rc flywheel
LS 1.5
Drive aids - oversteer 3 understeer 1 TCS 2

well all i've got so far is a 1:06:247......i know i should be able to get it down in the :04's though...........hopefully

has no one else but jet tried it yet?

come on you lazy bastards...... :brow:

can i say that? :hmm:
I think you are doing Tsukuba in the dry. The wet course is about 20 circuits to the right in the world circuit section.
I did a tsukuba in the dry with my wet set up and got a 1:02:868 off the start

My best wet is 1:12:191.
I have to figure out how to get that diary pic again though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ok, i changed my mind after running a lap:

NO WALLRIDING on this tsukuba wet challenge. the point of this one is to stay on the wet pavement, and the walls really are far away. :)

what i'm running: all power mods. R5 tires. softened up the suspension a bit (full race), -4/-0.5 camber, -1/0 toe. 1 TCS at the moment, no other aids.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
ok, i changed my mind after running a lap:

NO WALLRIDING on this tsukuba wet challenge. the point of this one is to stay on the wet pavement, and the walls really are far away. :)

what i'm running: all power mods. R5 tires. softened up the suspension a bit (full race), -4/-0.5 camber, -1/0 toe. 1 TCS at the moment, no other aids.

oh they're still going to ride the walls anyway :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
any last minute entries from last night's deadline? Zark? D? jet?

hmm, what to do for this week's contest...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Contest 4: Evos at Chamonix

Vehicle: Any vehicle you want to run, provided it has "Evo" or "Evolution" in its official name
Mods allowed: No nitrous. Otherwise wide open.
Deadline: this contest is now officially open (Oct 1, 2007) and will run until 11:59 PM pacific time on Sunday Oct 7, 2007
new contest up. Chamonix is located in the Dirt and Snow tracks section, and is actually pretty fun given its mix of pavement and slippery stuff. furthermore, you euro-fanbois can run the mercedes 190 evo II if you want to get whupped on by the japanese crowd :D

(and there are actually many more options, search here for "evo": http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/561066/35997 do note that the editor is a dunce and didn't spell "evolution" properly, so just search for evo, not the whole word.)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
any last minute entries from last night's deadline? Zark? D? jet?

hmm, what to do for this week's contest...
I've been trying to get far enough into the game to get to the track and unlock it. I didn't make it.....

I don't know if I can do the next track either. my memory card getting corrupted really f**ked me over:plthumbsdown:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I've been trying to get far enough into the game to get to the track and unlock it. I didn't make it.....

I don't know if I can do the next track either. my memory card getting corrupted really f**ked me over:plthumbsdown:

yeah it happened to me once and now I keep a back up memory card. It has no cars 10 million and everything unlocked...D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
D, i'll update the stats with your time.

just wash your car 100 times?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
D, i'll update the stats with your time.

just wash your car 100 times?
lol...I guess that's on way to do it...Hey Toshi did you find the NOS pretty much useless for this last race?....I found I kept posting faster times not using it...D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i forgot about the NOS. too concerned about keeping the car on the track. it probably would have screwed up my braking points if i used it on the straight anyway, and that would have cost time...

anyway, i thought this last one would be fun for exactly that reason, rwd pickup with no downforce on an ice rink :D

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Damn...didnt get to play since I pm'd you, Toshi, but I was putting down 2:03's in the 2 lap "special conditions" race. I guess its a moot point, though...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
step up for this next week's challenge then! chamonix should be right up your alley if you were at home on the wet.

eligible cars (not all work since not all can take snow tires):

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91 (probably no snows for this one)
Mercedes-Benz AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 (no snow tires)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 (the '92 rally car version is also legal)
the myriad of Mitsubishi Evos including rally car and Mines variants
Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution Rally Raid Car '03

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
step up for this next week's challenge then! chamonix should be right up your alley if you were at home on the wet.

eligible cars (not all work since not all can take snow tires):

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91 (probably no snows for this one)
Mercedes-Benz AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 (no snow tires)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 (the '92 rally car version is also legal)
the myriad of Mitsubishi Evos including rally car and Mines variants
Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution Rally Raid Car '03
yes, jet, the R5s rule all (except on snow, bah).

my current time for the Chamonix challenge is 1'58.273.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6788/img0060ff7.jpg

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
..sorry but I will NEVER race another rally on GT4 ever again:rant:...and I'm traveling next week so I may miss 2 weeks. If you're going to have another rally race next week would be perfect :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i'm actually sick of the slippery courses now, too. going to pick something dry, open, and fast i think.

i know we've already done something similar, but how about this: fastest 3 consecutive laps from a fresh start at the 'ring, M3 GTR race car, unlimited mods but no nitrous?

any thoughts before i finalize the idea? the 3 laps would be to make it different and so that one wouldn't feel the need to get perfect laps, either.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'd stick to the original best lap format. its too hard to track consecutive lap times (what do you do? pause and write the time down each time?)

approve of the car and track though (assuming I've unlocked it, which I probably haven't....goddamnit)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd stick to the original best lap format. its too hard to track consecutive lap times (what do you do? pause and write the time down each time?)

approve of the car and track though (assuming I've unlocked it, which I probably haven't....goddamnit)
hmm, good point about the multiple laps. i guess it would be tiresome to sit through a 24 minute replay to get that third lap time. :D

Contest 5: M3 at the Nurburgring

Vehicle: BMW M3. Pick your flavor: as long as it's by BMW and has M3 in the name it's legit.
Mods allowed: No nitrous. Otherwise wide open.
Deadline: this contest is now officially open (Oct 2, 2007) and will run until 11:59 PM pacific time on Sunday Oct 14, 2007. THIS CONTEST WILL BE WORTH DOUBLE POINTS if you have missed any of the previous contests.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yo D, please use imageshack.us when uploading your screenshots and either resize to 640x480 (it does that for you when uploading as an option) or don't inline the images. you're ruining the textwrap in this thread with post #102.

grr.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Contest 5: M3 at the Nurburgring

6.04.553 so far :D
6'01.310

:busted:

settings and specs for the curious:

BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01.
Stage 4 turbo
R5 tires

suspension: -3.0/-2.0 camber. softened the rear sway to 6/5 from 6/6 after the car felt too tail-happy. 0/0/1 driving aids. downforce all the way up on both ends. transmission (MT) at auto setting (ratios) of 15.