Quantcast

fall city riding

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
Hey I was in Fall city today and I noticed a couple freeride bikes and some cross country bikes passin through on cars/trucks, and I was just wonderin if there was any freeride/crosscountry/dirt jumping spots near there besides the exits. Just wondering, cuz thats pretty close by....
Jesse

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
There's really 4 different areas right there. All XC with a little FR thrown in here and there.
Starting North, there's Griffin Creek area which is mostly in old clearcuts and is probably the driest place to ride in the winter since it's so rocky. All glacial till. No real elevation gain but real fun. Pure XC.
Then, there's Tokul-West (where I was going to ride today. Still might.) Just outside Fall City and mostly "Tigeresque" XC riding. Same thing with Tokul-East which is around the corner and by the powerlines and up to lake Marie.
Some steeper lines over there but not shuttlable.
Lastly, there's some stuff of Snoqualmie Ridge development. Not big but always has been fun and there's some crazy log rides and small jumps and drops in there.
So, no 27 or 38 stuff and no DJs that I know of. But, fun XC stuff with some sustained climbing and descents.