Quantcast

Fall DH shuttles/hike a bikes near NYC

north1

Chimp
Nov 3, 2009
I'm new to the Northeast and looking to shuttle or push some nice dh trails this fall. If anyone would be interested in showing me some spots within a couple of hours drive from NYC and riding some dh together, please let me know. Thanks

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
my team did a shuttle day at Mt Penn, Reading, PA last spring. We plan on doing another soon (next few weeks). However the trails are open any time if yo want to self shuttle.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
People do shuttle runs at skyline drive in NJ as well, which is probably a bit closer to the city. The trail network at Mt. Penn is more extensive though, I think, and their shuttle day in the spring was a lot of fun. Definitely try to get in on that if you can.

Are you guys gonna post the info about the shuttle day on the forums again?

Fall Guy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2007
People do shuttle runs at skyline drive in NJ as well, which is probably a bit closer to the city. The trail network at Mt. Penn is more extensive though, I think, and their shuttle day in the spring was a lot of fun. Definitely try to get in on that if you can.

Are you guys gonna post the info about the shuttle day on the forums again?
Have you ridden skyline lately? Me and a few other guys used to take care of that place but since I moved 2 years ago it has been in very desperate shape.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Have you ridden skyline lately? Me and a few other guys used to take care of that place but since I moved 2 years ago it has been in very desperate shape.
nothing on that trail is rideable right now, all rotted and eroded away. looked sweet at the time though.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I haven't ridden there since the spring of '08. I meant to get out there last off-season but didn't really get the chance because I was working a lot. I'd definitely like to get out there with the trailbike before it gets too cold and snowy this year.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
we'll challenge both your teams to a drinking match followed by riding.

we rode during the shuttle day, but my friend's wife was nice enough to hussle us up the hill in their truck faster than the box truck if we missed a ride in it

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yea we will have about 8 watches.

phill1 its all fun and games! its all about progression and pushing not who is actually better. call it off season racing.

north1

Chimp
Nov 3, 2009
would any of you be able post up directions to the Mt Penn trailhead and a good spot at the bottom for the shuttle to pick us up again? thanks

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I'll try to get some addresses posted. There are a bunch of places that the trails end at, and it can get confusing. Best bet it to come out when we are there and we'll show you around.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
yuroshek, we may be trying to get some people to shuttle reading on sunday if you are interested, or if anyone is interested. i got a truck that can hold 6-7 bikes/riders, i have 3 right now. let me know

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
not sure about the time yet. you got anyone else who wants in? 5-6 people would be ideal, i got myself and 2 others in right now.
maybe memmelaar, readin is about 2.5 hours from us which is a good haul for sure. ill see if mems is in or not. will let you know either way.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
your not the only one with that chest cold. It seems to be going around in Reading. I'm starting to get over it now.
one of the guys up at Platty this weekend had it and it looks like i got it.....and im thankfully not in Reading.:thumb:
i usually say Reading unless you are familiar with the area and since you are, im from Wernersville...the 'burbs