Quantcast

Fall means BEER!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
After the GMT, I decided to visit my beverage center (a good destination after a long day of work). This was the result:

Has anyone tried these?

yes, I know there's a more appropriate forum, but everyone loves beer and this is a throw-back to the GMT :)

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
bluebug32 said:
After the GMT, I decided to visit my beverage center (a good destination after a long day of work). This was the result:

Has anyone tried these?

yes, I know there's a more appropriate forum, but everyone loves beer and this is a throw-back to the GMT :)
MMMmmm...3 Oktoberfest's and 3 Punkin's.....That's good stuff!!

The Harpoon is the only one I've tried out of those....and that was only cause I was in Boston 2 weeks ago!! It was very good though!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
It's always time for beer! Never been much of a pumpkin beer fan though.

I am currently drinking a very nice homebrewed stout. :thumbs:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I got a 6'er of the Post Road the other day, it was too cinamony/spicy for my taste. Don't think i'll be getting that again.

-Adam <- sticks with beer flavored beer.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
skyst3alth said:
I got a 6'er of the Post Road the other day, it was too cinamony/spicy for my taste. Don't think i'll be getting that again.

-Adam <- sticks with beer flavored beer.
yeah, I think the Postroad is kind of like that too...too much like a low-fat pumpkin pie taste

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
I personally have an affinity for Arrogant Bastard Ale, and Thomas Hardy's Ale.

I've been wanting to try some Full Suspension Ale, whose spokesman is (surprise, surprise) Bender.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
after a hard week of school, beer is sounding sooo good right now. I'll pretty much drink anything, BPR, Bud, Coors. No light beers. A Fat Tire would make my day though, or a heifeweisen . Though I've never had any, I would be up for trying a pumpkin ale though, being that it is that time of the year.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
bluebug32 said:
Ok, one down. The Brooklyn Oktoberfest...kind of like there others. I was looking for a hint of spice or something to indicate fall...nada. Moving on...
If you are looking for a taste to indicate fall (other than a little extra malt) in an Oktoberfest, you are looking in the wrong place. :confused:
Putting any flavoring in beer other than hops is verboten in Germany, particulalrly in something as traditional as an Oktoberfest beer.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
caboverpete said:
My trip to the beer store ended with a little less variety than yours but still got a couple of great seasonals....
Love the Shane avatar. I'm shure he would aprove of any drink related thread. :blah:

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
The Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale is drrrrrrreamy. I've only had it at the actual brewery, though. I've been telling myself I'm not allowed to buy it bottled at the store until October... so thanks for reminding me I owe myself a treat!:)

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Speaking of pumpkin beer..............

N8 picked up a 6er of BuffaloBill's Brewery Pumkin Ale today..............YUMMY!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
MizN8 said:
Speaking of pumpkin beer..............

N8 picked up a 6er of BuffaloBill's Brewery Pumkin Ale today..............YUMMY!
You're not going to derail my thread again are ya? Thank you for leaving out the fact that you drank it off of one another's hot, sweaty bodies atop your new bed ;)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah I tried my first pumpkin ales this year, too much nutmeg for my liking. And I agree, its always time for beer...just fall and winter is better then summer and spring, at least for the styles I like.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
bluebug32 said:
You're not going to derail my thread again are ya? Thank you for leaving out the fact that you drank it off of one another's hot, sweaty bodies atop your new bed ;)
No robdaspoonmanii for you???

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
mmmmm Fall Beer... here's two favs of mine that I need to swing down to the brewery and pick up:

Hibernation is a seasonal, and the Old Ruffian is, well... not. But it is rather frikken tasty.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
lovebunny said:
who doesnt like arrogant bastard? i also like sierra nevada and fat tire

Uh... ME?
Way too hoppy for my tastes. Same with Sierra.
Bout the most I can go (in the CA hop style) is Anchor Steam.

My latest favs are:
Sam Adams - October
Petrus - Old Brown
Phantome - Original Saison and Black Ghost
Stone - Porter
Rogue - Hazelnut
:thumb: