Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest 2009

Which weekend would you prefer for our fall monkeyfest?

• Columbus Day Weekend (October 9-11th) ONLY

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • October 16-18th ONLY

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Either weekend works for me as long as there's bacon!

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
WOOHOO It's the return of MBC & IAB to monkeyfest!!! :cheers: There is definitely room too!!! I believe we're now up to 14 monkeys! Hopefully we can get a couple more and the cost will come down for sure! Right now it's looking like $75 per person.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I think we may need studded tires for this MF........at least according to Accuweather.com.:wtf:

I'm really hoping this changes

Friday, Oct 9
High: 46 °F RealFeel®: 42 °F
Low clouds with periods of rain in the afternoon

Friday Night, Oct 9
Low: 27 °F RealFeel®: 27 °F
Cold with occasional rain

Saturday, Oct 10
High: 46 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F
Rain and freezing rain

Saturday Night, Oct 10
Low: 26 °F RealFeel®: 16 °F
Cold with periods of snow; rain mixed in early

Sunday, Oct 11
High: 45 °F RealFeel®: 37 °F
Overcast with periods of snow and rain in the afternoon
:eek: :eek: :shocked: :shocked:
I'll be packing my snowmobile if that's the case LOL!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
It's time!!!! Vote for the weekend and post up if you're planning on attending. I'll book the lodge when we have enough folks interested. Again, if you say you're coming your in for the $$$ if something comes up and you can't make it. I am hoping to keep the cost to $65 or less.

Once we have picked a weekend, I will edit this post with the dates and we'll start a "confirmed" list!

:cheers:
So...when is this post getting updated? Just askin'.:D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WOOHOO It's the return of MBC & IAB to monkeyfest!!! :cheers: There is definitely room too!!! I believe we're now up to 14 monkeys! Hopefully we can get a couple more and the cost will come down for sure! Right now it's looking like $75 per person.
FYI, another change of plans: MBC and I will take a couple of bunks instead of sleeping in the loft. We'll stay in the "no snoring" room.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well IAB you know I'll be on that ride with you!!! I'm sure the others will be glad to hear that! I'll have to dig out a special pint glass for ya!
:cheers:
I honestly don't know how long my rides will be but three hours is probably going to be stretching it.

I'm thinking the loft is going to be the better option, right above the wood stove.
The wood stove is part of the reason we're opting for bunks. I sleep better in cold rather than heat.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Will anyone be joining me at Bromont on Sunday? If driving home from there is a concern, I have a place on Lake Champlain that I'll be staying at Sunday night, I can put up a couple people for the night if needed.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Okay...so here's where we start to confirm people so I can book the lodge and give everyone a price. Who's officially in for Columbus Day weekend (October 9-11th)?

TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
Cromby1
BadDNA (+1)
QuoFan & Big T
Greggah
Mr. Bishop
Yelo & Melo (+?)
MBC & IAB
Okay boys & girls...cost is looking to be $75-80 per person with this small a crew. Can we get a couple more confirmed?

* Friday Night - You're on your own for dinner

* Saturday Breakfast - Pancakes, Bacon, coffee, OJ
* Saturday snacks - MBC's famous Taco Dip & Chips, Pumpkin Bread, chips
* Ride Food - I have LUNA & Clif Minis, some full size LUNA Bars, Moons and some Recovery smoothies for post-ride.
* Saturday Dinner - Homemade Mac-N-Cheese, Everything Bread, Salad
* Saturday Dessert - Homemade Apple Crisp (served warm of course) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

* Sunday Breakfast - Breakfast Sandwiches (egg, cheese, bacon/sausage)

Bring your own Beer (or whatever else you want to drink -- coffee, hot cocoa, OJ and lemonade mix will be provided)
(BadDNA simply must have some Bourbon porter for me to sample too) :cheers:

Bring a sleeping bag and pillow.