Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest 2009

Which weekend would you prefer for our fall monkeyfest?

• Columbus Day Weekend (October 9-11th) ONLY

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • October 16-18th ONLY

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Either weekend works for me as long as there's bacon!

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Melou and me planned to be their around 10H30 PM but that was before 10 minutes ago... Mother just call and told me an aunt just passed away and funeral are next W-E. We will be at MF anyway but I can't give you an ETA at the moment, might be real late friday night....

Guess we're out of trout river too....:(

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Geez..I was going to bail out of work @ noon this time and be there by 3. Might have to change that if no one is going to be there til' dark.
We need to at least get out for a night ride in the snow:D even if its late?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Geez..I was going to bail out of work @ noon this time and be there by 3. Might have to change that if no one is going to be there til' dark.
We need to at least get out for a night ride in the snow:D even if its late?
We're really hoping to get there in the early afternoon. It all depends on MBC's workload.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Keep us updated. Maybe we can take it easy and do a little shuttling and hit something like Camptown, Jbar, Enchanted forest or Moose alley etc before dinner.
I can tell you right now that with my limited cycling strength and stamina right now, I will not be wasting any effort on Darling Hill Road or the toll road. :D I'm about shuttling next weekend.

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I can tell you right now that with my limited cycling strength and stamina right now, I will not be wasting any effort on Darling Hill Road or the toll road. :D I'm about shuttling next weekend.
It wouldn't hurt my feeling if I didn't have to ride up either hill:D

skiierx

Chimp
Aug 23, 2007
I've got Friday off, I'm planning on being there ~1pm.

Ride...beer...pizza

Maybe not in that order. :D
Most from our house will be there early afternoon as well, so we can get a ride together if you like, then commence with the consumption part of the trip

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Sampled the bourbon porter this morning... :thumb: :thumb:

Gonna have a little of Becky's California Common as well, that is also really good. I have also dug up a couple bottles of a honey wheat that had been hiding in the back of the fridge. Unfortunately, the Imperial Pilsener isn't quite ready yet...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Gonna have a little of Becky's California Common as well, that is also really good. I have also dug up a couple bottles of a honey wheat that had been hiding in the back of the fridge. Unfortunately, the Imperial Pilsener isn't quite ready yet...
Now I'm thirsty!!!! :cheers:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

Should I bring one of my bourbon porters so we can do a side by side and see just how much mine sucks? :monkey:

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Unless the weather forecast improves I will be riding local.

There's only a 50% chance of a shower Friday and Friday night. Hell this forecast has improved 200% and couldn't get much better compared to what it looked like a week ago.:D:weee::thumb:

Friday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 53.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I agree...I'm liking this weather forecast. A little more sun would be nice, but I'm not complaining. Besides, monkeyfest isn't just about the riding anyway. :)

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Accuweather is still saying it might rain on Saturday as well. I might drive up and just ride Sunday which is supposed to be mostly sunny.