Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest 2009

Which weekend would you prefer for our fall monkeyfest?

• Columbus Day Weekend (October 9-11th) ONLY

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • October 16-18th ONLY

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Either weekend works for me as long as there's bacon!

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I am now me +2. Hopefully we have room. I'm pretty sure we must due to cost factor. This should help bring it down a bit.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Okay...so here's where we start to confirm people so I can book the lodge and give everyone a price. Who's officially in for Columbus Day weekend (October 9-11th)?

TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
Cromby1
BadDNA (+2)
QuoFan & Big T
Greggah (+2)
Yelo & Melo (+1, Abraham)
MBC & IAB
Zombie
UPDATE: The new and improved cost is $65 per person!!! Thanks!

Last edited:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Sounds like I may be one of the first arrivals tomorrow. Will the key be left in the normal spot or should I plan on being at the house at 2pm to get it from the caretaker?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
so the lodge will just be open and no one has to get keys?
Sounds like I may be one of the first arrivals tomorrow. Will the key be left in the normal spot or should I plan on being at the house at 2pm to get it from the caretaker?
Not 100% sure. The key should be in it's usual place if we aren't there yet and is being dropped off by the rental office at 2pm.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
8:45. Where the hell is everyone? Me, MBC, Greggah and BadDNA already met skiierx and his gang for beer and pizza. Nobody else is at the lodge. MBC got the intronets though!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Awesome riding today. 19 of us split into two groups. The "wimp group" was me, MBC, Paul, Greggah and BigT. The other 14 people rode in the "A group." Our wimp group pushed out 14 miles in 3.5 hours. I am sore.

Now we are beering and eating. As you can imagine, there is a lot of beer here.

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I'm back home. Still having trouble talking.

Even being sick I still had a good time even though I may have looked like a stick in the mud.

At least I was able to keep everyone warm :rofl:

Hope the rain wasn't to bad and you guys were able to get a ride in this morning.

Can't wait to see some of the pics.

skiierx

Chimp
Aug 23, 2007
8:45. Where the hell is everyone? Me, MBC, Greggah and BadDNA already met skiierx and his gang for beer and pizza. Nobody else is at the lodge. MBC got the intronets though!
Great seeing you guys and very cool running into the big group several times Saturday and once this morning. Turned out to be a good day today, even with that quick shower...sun came out quickly after that. All I can say is that I am exhausted, lots of riding all 3 days. Wish we were not so tired Saturday night we had hoped to come down for a visit...next year!

Jamie

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
When we were riding on Saturday IAB had mentioned several times that he had seen in the trail office that the JAW trail had been re-worked. In this video @ around the 3:00 minute mark I believe there is some footage of some of the improvements. I remember it being a bunch of mud pits. Looks to be all bridged out. Has anyone ridden it since??