Quantcast

Fall monkeyfest - Oct 8-11

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Depending on how Mark's shoulder is then, we might be bringing the road bikes instead of our MTBs, but we are definately in for Friday through Sunday night also!

Yay! Can't wait!!!!!!!

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Well, broke a finger monday but, according to my doctor, I should be ok to ride by Colombus day W-E so we're in:)

Treesaw, we need to know asap if our offer to take care of a diner stand with you so we can order what we need, let us know about that please.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Well, broke a finger monday but, according to my doctor, I should be ok to ride by Colombus day W-E so we're in:)

Treesaw, we need to know asap if our offer to take care of a diner stand with you so we can order what we need, let us know about that please.
I rode with a broken finger in 2008, I can help you with that.

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
1) Bring warm stuff!!! October is chilly up north!
2) a Firkin of beer won't last long with our crew!
3) Friday food on your own
4) Saturday Breakfast, snacks and Dinner (with dessert) will be provided
5) Sunday Breakfast, snacks and dinner will be provided
6) Monday breakfast will be provided

Menu is TBD but I am thinking cooking inside won't be bad because it's MUCH cooler in the fall.

Any chance for Greggah to make is famous griddle sandwich??? They look so good last time but didn't had the chance to try them...

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Any chance for Greggah to make is famous griddle sandwich??? They look so good last time but didn't had the chance to try them...
Absolutely......I would be more than happy to do it again.

If you weren't there I made chicken cheese steak and scrambled cheese burger subs made to order with your choice of peppers/onions/mushrooms.

I guess the question is do we do them Friday night or do we take some of the load off of Treesaw an have them as a main meal or do it for a Saturday lunch.

What are everyone's thoughts?

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
I guess the question is do we do them Friday night or do we take some of the load off of Treesaw an have them as a main meal or do it for a Saturday lunch.

Thought #1 is YUMMY
Thought #2 is to make them as a main meal. Those things were so good everyone should have some!:thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Absolutely......I would be more than happy to do it again.

If you weren't there I made chicken cheese steak and scrambled cheese burger subs made to order with your choice of peppers/onions/mushrooms.

Friday night or Saturday lunch would be AWESOME!!! We're going to be having pasta with some delicious smoked meats one evening and Sq-Earl was debating another turkey. There's always mac-n-cheese, lasagne, chili, stew or other treats that I can whip up too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Forecasting indicates peak foliage for monkeyfest weekend for people interested in that sort of thing. It's kind of cool to be standing at Heaven's Bench during peak season.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Forecasting indicates peak foliage for monkeyfest weekend for people interested in that sort of thing. It's kind of cool to be standing at Heaven's Bench during peak season.
Hmmm... I may have to ride Heaven's Bench this time then. I just realized that I don't think I've ridden it at all this year.

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Friday night or Saturday lunch would be AWESOME!!! We're going to be having pasta with some delicious smoked meats one evening and Sq-Earl was debating another turkey. There's always mac-n-cheese, lasagne, chili, stew or other treats that I can whip up too.
I'd prefer Chili over Mac-n-cheese.... Plus it would different from the other diner witch is already pasta and all other MF diner too....

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
We forgive you. ;)

I hope there is enough beer though. Usually we run low at these things. :monkey:
I'm working on something special for next year though, I'm building a recipe for an agave wheat. I'll be making test batches this winter for that and perhaps a farmhouse style ale. I'm also planning on redoing the rye-ipa from this summer and my bourbon porter may make a return.