Quantcast

Fall monkeyfest - Oct 8-11

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I've been looking at the maps, planning my weekend and I think I've got it all figured out. I have to head over to Lake Champlain on Monday to close up the summer place for the season so why not make a couple of detours.

Friday on the drive up: Millstone Hill, Barre VT
Saturday: Kingdom Trails with the rest of the gang
Sunday morning: Bromont (bring the big bike)
Sunday night from Bromont: Lake Champlain
Monday on the ride home from LC: Pine Hill Park, Rutland VT

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I've been looking at the maps, planning my weekend and I think I've got it all figured out. I have to head over to Lake Champlain on Monday to close up the summer place for the season so why not make a couple of detours.

Friday on the drive up: Millstone Hill, Barre VT
Saturday: Kingdom Trails with the rest of the gang
Sunday morning: Bromont (bring the big bike)
Sunday night from Bromont: Lake Champlain
Monday on the ride home from LC: Pine Hill Park, Rutland VT
What time do you anticipate hitting Pine Hill Park on Monday?

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
It'll probably be early afternoon for us as we've gotta pack up and clean the lodge, but we'll talk and figure it out.
Depending on Becky's plans I may abort this stop. She's going up to the lake with my parents and our dog. If they are coming home with me I doubt she'll want to stop, the dog can't go with us so someone would be left sitting with her while the other rides, not very fun.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
What time do you anticipate hitting Pine Hill Park on Monday?
Wow, this place looks pretty awesome! I just sent the website url to my friend Christine, who's coming up with me, and she said she'd love to check it out. So, depending on how the weather pans out, we'll probably hit it on our way up to E. Burke on Friday, or possibly Monday morning on our way home.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Wow, this place looks pretty awesome! I just sent the website url to my friend Christine, who's coming up with me, and she said she'd love to check it out. So, depending on how the weather pans out, we'll probably hit it on our way up to E. Burke on Friday, or possibly Monday morning on our way home.
Pine Hill was fun! Mark & I rode there on our way home from the last Monkeyfest.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Haven't you learned to change in a parking lot?! :D
Actually I usually go run into the woods and change behind a tree. MUCH easier than trying to futz around in the car. I've pulled muscles doing that!! Yeah, I'm coordinated and graceful. :rolleyes:

Okay, well, I guess we'll just fill up our camelbaks at home and change when we get there! I don't really want to sit in my bike shorts for 5 hours in the car...

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Actually it does! There is a restroom inside the rink that you are welcome to use. There's even a small bike shop but it doesn't have much and might not be open on Monday, but the rink should be.
Oh! I must have missed that on my trip. I just changed in the car when I went last summer.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Actually it does! There is a restroom inside the rink that you are welcome to use. There's even a small bike shop but it doesn't have much and might not be open on Monday, but the rink should be.
Yep, there sure is a rink & bike shop there... but I'm not sure what their hours are. They were closed when Mark & I stopped there. I believe that was a Monday or a Tuesday.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Okay...food planning and cost analysis so I need to know:

JBP - Are you in?
maddog17 - Are you able to make it?

Any other takers?

I have:
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
Cromby1 (+Mike)
IAB & MBC
QuoFan & Big T
irishblue76 + Mark
BikeGeek
Sandwich
BadDNA
mudgirl (+ guest)
PolandSpring88
Greggah
Yelo & Melou
MadDog17 (?)
JBP (?)

If everyone above (including JBP & maddog17) can make it the cost is looking like it will be a little under $75 per person. Cash is preferred, but a check is fine (especially for the couples). I'll post up the official cost and menu early next week.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
FYI... for the list of people going next weekend, for Cromby1 (+Mike)... I'm the "+Mike". I dont really post or comment much cause I dont know anyone on the site yet but I'm definitely excited to be going next weekend.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
You'll like it! Lots of fun! We may ride Friday too, so I'll let you know. I can send you a foo loop too if you want.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Depending on Becky's plans I may abort this stop. She's going up to the lake with my parents and our dog. If they are coming home with me I doubt she'll want to stop, the dog can't go with us so someone would be left sitting with her while the other rides, not very fun.
no worries...Friday may work better for us anyway (with an early dinner at Long Trail).