Quantcast

Fall monkeyfest - Oct 8-11

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
As of right now Crombie1 and I will be leaving Sunday afternoon (not Monday morning). We'll be down for breakfest and a ride Sunday morning/afternoon then heading home after that cause I need to be back to work by Monday. Really wish I had off work on Monday like most people.

Last edited:

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I need to know how much meat to pick up.

Please let me know if you are going to want a Cheeseburger sub or a Chicken cheese steak sub all with your choice of Onions, peppers, mushrooms .

I'll cook to order for everyone no matter what time you arrive, so don't stop and eat on your way.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

Please let me know if you are going to want a Cheeseburger sub or a Chicken cheese steak sub all with your choice of Onions, peppers, mushrooms .

I'll cook to order for everyone no matter what time you arrive, so don't stop and eat on your way.
Combo please with all the fixins! :weee:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Earl will have a Cheeseburger Sub w/Onions, peppers, mushrooms & cheese
I will have a Chicken cheese steak sub with w/Onions, peppers, mushrooms & cheese.

Also, let us know how much so we can all chip in on cost!!!

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Friday
Dinner courtesy of Greggah (THANK YOU!!!)
Cheeseburger sub or a Chicken cheese steak sub all with your choice of Onions, peppers, mushrooms

Saturday
 Breakfast: Bananas, Blueberry Pancakes, Maple Syrup, Coffee, OJ
 Lunch:
Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup & Sandwiches (turkey, ham, roast beef, provolone & American cheese, mayo, mustard, sandwich bread)
 Dinner:
Pasta with smoked meat sauce (from Quebec), Garden Salad, Garlic Bread, homemade applesauce
 Dessert:
Homemade Apple Crisp and homemade vanilla ice cream, Cookies

Sunday
 Breakfast: Bananas, Breakfast Sandwiches, Coffee, OJ
 Lunch: Italian Chicken & Vegetable Soup & Sandwiches
 Dinner: Chicken & Stuffing Bake, Roasted New Potatos
 Dessert: Homemade Apple Crisp and homemade vanilla ice cream, Cookies, Applesauce

Monday
 Breakfast: Bananas, Breakfast Burritos, Coffee, OJ

Snacks:
Homemade Pumpkin Bread
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
MBC’s Taco Dip & chips
Chex Mix
Chips & Salsa
Pretzels
Mixed Nuts
Fruit
Popcorn
LUNA Bars (mini & large)
Clif Minis
LUNA Protein Bars

Beverages:
Coffee (sugar & creamer)
OJ
Lemonade Mix
Hot Cocoa
Hot Tea

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Things to Bring:

I think you've all done this trip before, but a couple of quick reminders...
1. Sleeping Bag & Pillow
2. Warm riding clothes
3. Beer or other beverages not noted above
4. Towel & shower necessities - I am bringing tissues, TP & laundry soap
5. Cash/Check - total will be $75 for everything (lodge, food, & fun)
6. Bike, helmet, gear etc. (should be obvious, but hey you never know)

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Mark & I will have one of each. We'll decide who's having which one when we get there. Whichever one I end up eating will be mushroom-free.

Thanks again, Greggah - they were awesome last time!:weee:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA

Sweet! I'll take a cheeseburger sub with all the fixin's

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Some of you might have seen this on Facebook but i'll repost it for the rest.

Kingdom Trails The SUN will be shining this weekend. Darling Hill and Lower Burke will be open. Lift will be running, trails should be good. Concert at Tamarack Grill on Saturday night. Monday is Women's bike demo 2 day event with Giant bikes at Village Sport Shop.

Some of you might have seen this on Facebook but i'll repost it for the rest.

Kingdom Trails The SUN will be shining this weekend. Darling Hill and Lower Burke will be open. Lift will be running, trails should be good. Concert at Tamarack Grill on Saturday night. Monday is Women's bike demo 2 day event with Giant bikes at Village Sport Shop.
Sounds like the mountain side will remain closed.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
But there really isn't much that wouldn't be a mudfest above the lift. Lower J-bar, enchanted forst, black forest and the new trail should all be open.
I wish I could join y'all. Gonna try to ride a big ole local ride.
Last weekend was a deluge up there, in fact a few roads to get there were closed due to flooding (detour) as we tried to make our way into town Friday (we opted for a shopping trip to Louis Garnieu outlet & drinking beer). Luckily by Sat AM, Darling Hill opened, we had a good time nonetheless. Burke side was entirely closed, No Burnmdown, Jay Bar, New trail, lift access etc.
You all are lucky, this weekend will present great weather & most of the goods on Burke should be open, & the lift should provide some good runs down the new trail.:thumb:

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Don't they mean the Darling Hill side when they say "lower burke?"

the mountain side includes DMA, Moose Alley etc. I bet all closed.
No they mean the lower mountain. Essentially from a little higher than the campground down. So from the top of the sherburn lift down those trails will be open. The downhill and freeride trails will be closed

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Friday
Dinner courtesy of Greggah (THANK YOU!!!)
Cheeseburger sub or a Chicken cheese steak sub all with your choice of Onions, peppers, mushrooms

Saturday
 Breakfast: Bananas, Blueberry Pancakes, Maple Syrup, Coffee, OJ
 Lunch:
Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup & Sandwiches (turkey, ham, roast beef, provolone & American cheese, mayo, mustard, sandwich bread)
 Dinner:
Pasta with smoked meat sauce (from Quebec), Garden Salad, Garlic Bread, homemade applesauce
 Dessert:
Homemade Apple Crisp and homemade vanilla ice cream, Cookies

Sunday
 Breakfast: Bananas, Breakfast Sandwiches, Coffee, OJ
 Lunch: Italian Chicken & Vegetable Soup & Sandwiches
 Dinner: Chicken & Stuffing Bake, Roasted New Potatos
 Dessert: Homemade Apple Crisp and homemade vanilla ice cream, Cookies, Applesauce

Monday
 Breakfast: Bananas, Breakfast Burritos, Coffee, OJ

Snacks:
Homemade Pumpkin Bread
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
MBC’s Taco Dip & chips
Chex Mix
Chips & Salsa
Pretzels
Mixed Nuts
Fruit
Popcorn
LUNA Bars (mini & large)
Clif Minis
LUNA Protein Bars

Beverages:
Coffee (sugar & creamer)
OJ
Lemonade Mix
Hot Cocoa
Hot Tea

I love how beer isn't listed in the beverages section. :busted:

:p

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
are you coming crabjoe mudbuttpants?
Negative. Climbing Mt. Adams tomorrow with a buddy then doing a looooong ass annual trail ride Sunday. Otherwise I most likely would have been up there.

531: Headphones, Crabcore music to drown out the scenic sounds of nature.
I'm glad Narlus wasn't there last year to throw my Zune on the floor and stomp on it.