Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest t-minus OMG this weekend!11!!

badcrumble

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
wooooster, MA
I have to work on the friday too, so I won't be up there til the evening

Agreed...great idea! Trout River "Troutfest" will be out though. We may need to make a growler run. :monkey:
You can say hi to Troutmonkey!

For the menu, I am thinking:

Saturday breakfast:
Blueberry Pancakes w/maple syrup
Bacon
Coffee (sugar & creamer)
OJ

Saturday snacs:
MBC's taco dip (if she wouldn't mind making it)
Pumpkin Bread
Chips n' Salsa

Saturday dinner:
Something tasty...maybe chili or mac-n-cheese or something hearty & warm

Saturday dessert:
Homemade apple crisp

Sunday Breakfast:
Breakfast sandwiches (egg, cheese, sausage)
OJ
Coffee
Treesaw...I think I love you and I barely even know you.....

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Melou and me are in!

Calling a spot in the loft for both of us too!

We'll be their late friday as we have to work till 5H00 so we should be their around 10H-10H30...

We are off work on monday and we'd like to stay on sunday night if possible...

René

PS: We should be able to bring BIG RED with us....

Last edited:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Melou and me are in!

We'll be their late friday as we have to work till 5H00 so we should be their around 10H-10H30...

René

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing you again.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Mark & I are CONFIRMING for Fall Monkeyfest and we will be staying in the lodge this time!!!! I don't know the rules about claiming space, so someone help me out.... Do we need to claim bunk beds? How many people fit on the loft? Should we bring air-matresses just in case? Etc...

There may be a +1 if Christopher comes with us... a think that depends solely on his hockey schedule.

YAY!!!!! I can't wait!!

Mark & I are CONFIRMING for Fall Monkeyfest and we will be staying in the lodge this time!!!! I don't know the rules about claiming space, so someone help me out.... Do we need to claim bunk beds? How many people fit on the loft? Should we bring air-matresses just in case? Etc...

There may be a +1 if Christopher comes with us... a think that depends solely on his hockey schedule.

YAY!!!!! I can't wait!!

Who is Christopher?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Melou and me are in!

René

I think the loft may be full...but there are definitely still bunks available.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

YAY!!!!! I can't wait!!
Once you're confirmed, you are reserved a bed (first come, first served) :D

The lodge is filling up nicely...looks like we'll have a fun crowd of monkeys :cheers:

MtbkrWanaB

Chimp
Sep 2, 2008
Hey --- new to the forum. But I ride with BadDNA, Woodsguy, Badcrumble and irishblue76. On the nemba forums we are Mattandkerri but here i thought of something better!!

Any how we are all set with the babysitter and both Matt and I would like to come and stay in the lodge!! Please please please say there's still room ... we'll take what ever you got ... we have air mattresses (queen or twins) or we'll take a bunk or a room or what ever you have left!!

ALso --- no problems on my part to help cooking and or make something ahead of time to bring... just let me know.

~~Kerri

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
count me in too. i'll be up for Friday early evening and leave on Sunday, gotta work Monday. this will be my first trip with you guys so if someone could PM me directions and what i need to bring like food, beer etc that would be great. looking forward to this since i missed the last one. about how many will be going?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
count me in too. i'll be up for Friday early evening and leave on Sunday, gotta work Monday. this will be my first trip with you guys so if someone could PM me directions and what i need to bring like food, beer etc that would be great. looking forward to this since i missed the last one. about how many will be going?
:cheers:

Looks like about 20 are going so far. As far as food is concerned, bring something to eat Friday night. Other than that, TreeSaw's menu will keep you plenty fed. And as far as beer goes, yes, bring beer. :D

Taken from the last MF thread:

Directions to the Algonquin Lodge are:
East Burke, VT ( put that into Google maps )

go through the center of town , and 114 will go left , then there will be a ball field on the left , the barn like house (big white house) next to the ball field is it. There will be a bunch of cars and I will try to have the RideMonkey Banner (Splat can you bring it) out for all to see).

I tell people to aim for East Burke Sports.

439 Vt Route 114
East Burke, VT 05832

Monkeycamp is about 1/4 mile past East Burke Sports on the left.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Any how we are all set with the babysitter and both Matt and I would like to come and stay in the lodge!! Please please please say there's still room ... we'll take what ever you got ... we have air mattresses (queen or twins) or we'll take a bunk or a room or what ever you have left!!
I think there are still bunks available, but floor space in the loft has all been claimed.

Welcome to Ridemonkey! See at the 'fest!

MtbkrWanaB

Chimp
Sep 2, 2008
I think there are still bunks available, but floor space in the loft has all been claimed.
Great count Matt and Kerri in ***2 confirmed for Friday & Sat nights***! We would prefer loft space if any becomes available but we'll take a bunk if that's all that's left. We'll bring the air mattress just in case!! We do also have Monday off but we'll wait and see what everyone else's plans are before we decide if we're staying Sun night. Can't wait to go. looking forward to meeting many of you!

~~Kerri

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
thanks IAB for the info!! so what happens when the Loft is full and the bunk beds are too?? does that mean it's floor space?? np on that, i'll bring an air mattress

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
thanks TreeSaw, a buddy may be coming too, but he can have the floor. he's still not sure if he can go. i'll try to let you know as soon as the pinhead makes up his mind.

SparrowOnMe

Chimp
Sep 3, 2008
Is there still room on the floor for 2 more people? I'm Heidi and I ride with the girls: Beth, Claire and Kerri. All of whom are also going. I was wondering if I could also be part of this debauchery.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I thought there were only 14 bunks? A six bunk room and an 8 bunk room. They say the lodge sleeps 20 and with 4 more in the bedrooms and two on the pull out sofa it adds up.

Anyway, glad you are coming Heidi! We can claim the smaller bunk room. You two, Matt, Kerri, Claire, and me. If Strangeland and his gf come then we can claim the larger bunk room.

Eight bunk room

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm trying to keep the list on the first post current, if your name is missing or you know you're not coming but it's there, please speak up!

SparrowOnMe

Chimp
Sep 3, 2008
BadDNA: It'll be SparrowOnMe (Heidi) and Brendan. Should I give him a funny name too? I don't know everyone's secret identity. I think Woodsguy is Kevin???

I'll bring too much beer! : ) I know Claire LOVES my rice and bean dish for mtn biking. . . : )

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Oops, I almost forgot that Beth and Mark are going as well. In that case we will take the larger bunk room. Also, I've heard rumors that Mark might not be going so that would leave room for Andrew to bunk in the larger bunk room with us.

So to sum up in the large bunk room will be:
1) Heidi (SparrowOnMe)
2) Brendan (w/ SparrowOnMe)
3) Kerri (MtbkrWanaB)
4) Matt (MtbkrWanaB)
5) Clarie (badcrumble)
6) Kevin (woodsguy)
7) Beth (Irishblue76)
8) Mark (w/ Irishblue76) or Andrew (Strangeland2)

This is going to be a riot!

MtbkrWanaB

Chimp
Sep 2, 2008
Awesome! And Heidi you thought that you were going to be with all strangers!! Now we all know each other!!

~~Kerri

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
Im most likely out. This house foundation build really put a wrench in my works (who the hell builds round houses with 16" concrete block?). I was hoping to have more done by the time of the fest but its not looking to good so far. Keep me in the maybe column and if everything fills up I ll try and sleep under a bunk or something.