Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest t-minus OMG this weekend!11!!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Confirmed for October 10-12.

Attendees:
Treesaw & Earl
BadDNA
MBC & IAB
Woodsguy
James
Quo Fan & Big T
badcrumble
strangeland2 ?
maddog17
pinkshirtphotos ?
JBP ?
McGRP01
JRogers
Yelo & Melou
SparrowOnMe +1
Tequila Doug ?
DHRFXJoe
PolandSpring88

Last edited:

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
BTW, what's the deal with private rooms in the lodge? Is it only the one room that had the bathroom off it? Obviously, Mark & I would like to grab a room of our own if possible.... I only saw 2 rooms so I am pretty clueless as to what's available.

:brows:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BTW, what's the deal with private rooms in the lodge? Is it only the one room that had the bathroom off it? Obviously, Mark & I would like to grab a room of our own if possible.... I only saw 2 rooms so I am pretty clueless as to what's available.

:brows:
Only the one room has a bathroom off it.

Soon as we set a date for this, I'll sticky the thread. :)

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I feel unable to make a committment at this time. I had already discussed doing a road bike tour of the Niagara Penninsula that weekend with members from my local bike club. You guys are much more fun that those guys, though (shhhhhh). :biggrin: I'm not sure much progress is being made in making arrangments for the bike tour, though. And, I'm getting pretty burnt out on road biking, I gotta say. Decisions..... decisions.....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I feel unable to make a committment at this time. I had already discussed doing a road bike tour of the Niagara Penninsula that weekend with members from my local bike club. You guys are much more fun that those guys, though (shhhhhh). :biggrin: I'm not sure much progress is being made in making arrangments for the bike tour, though. And, I'm getting pretty burnt out on road biking, I gotta say. Decisions..... decisions.....
the date isn't final until TreeSaw gets word on the lodge.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Update: I have spoken to the lodge guy...he doesn't have anyone down for the dates, but needs to check with his family to make sure none of them were planning on using the Lodge (as it is a holiday weekend). He said he will e-mail me today confirming.

Also -- he offered to let us keep the lodge for Sunday night for $325 instead of the usual $400...any takers?

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
I am in. I think Mark is in. I don't know if we'll be bringing Christopher so I don't know if we'll be staying at the lodge or not... I also don't know what nights we be up there for that weekend... but I'll be there at some point. I'll have to get he details worked out with Mark & then we'll let you all know what's going on.

And lets all keep our fingers crossed that it'll dry out by then... I'm getting sick of mudding!!!!:rant:

skiierx

Chimp
Aug 23, 2007
I just found out the group I originally inquired to go up with has booked a house for that weekend. I guess we will be seeing everyone up there that weekend!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ok...here's the deal. We won't be getting up to the Lodge until later on Friday, we both have to work and won't be home until 3:30pm so I am guessing 7:30-8pm. That means, you're on your own for dinner on Friday night and I will make dinner for everyone on Saturday night, along with breakfast Saturday & Sunday. If we end up staying for Sunday, I can cook another dinner if everyone would like me to.

For the menu, I am thinking:

Saturday breakfast:
Blueberry Pancakes w/maple syrup
Bacon
Coffee (sugar & creamer)
OJ

Saturday snacs:
MBC's taco dip (if she wouldn't mind making it)
Pumpkin Bread
Chips n' Salsa

Saturday dinner:
Something tasty...maybe chili or mac-n-cheese or something hearty & warm

Saturday dessert:
Homemade apple crisp

Sunday Breakfast:
Breakfast sandwiches (egg, cheese, sausage)
OJ
Coffee