Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest?

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Is anyone planning to hit the VT attractions this fall? I'm trying to arrange a 3-day trip October 11-13 to hit KT and Millstone. Was up at KT a few weeks ago and rented a nice cabin at Burke Cottage Rentals and Campground for $85 per night (up to 4 people in a cabin). It was a terrific place to stay. I think they have 4 cabins available and the camp sites are really spacious and only $20 per night. Way WAY better than the Burke Mountain campground. I would be interested in meeting up with anyone interested in joining us for the whole weekend or just for a ride.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
If you haven't hit Millstone lately, they have a new trail called Vortex. It links in with Harrington Heights and is the best advanced XC trail that I've ever ridden. I think Millstone is starting to rival KT now in terms of quality trails.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Just a reminder that we will be riding KT this coming Friday and Saturday (10/11-12) and Millstone Quarries in Barre Vt on Sunday. We have a cabin booked for Friday night at KT and a kind friend who has agreed to host us at their house on Saturday night. If anyone would like to join us for any of the rides and/or overnights, all are welcome. Treesaw has my cell phone number if you can't reach me and want to get in touch.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Just a reminder that we will be riding KT this coming Friday and Saturday (10/11-12) and Millstone Quarries in Barre Vt on Sunday. We have a cabin booked for Friday night at KT and a kind friend who has agreed to host us at their house on Saturday night. If anyone would like to join us for any of the rides and/or overnights, all are welcome. Treesaw has my cell phone number if you can't reach me and want to get in touch.
Enjoy!!! We're heading down to ride with Splat, BadDNA, Mudgirl and that crew :)

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Have fun JBP! Try to get down to Millstone to ride Vortex before they close up for the season. That trail is better than anything at KT in my opinion.

Pinkham-Moose Alley-White Trail-Sky Dive (look for my pager someplace about 2/3 of the way down)-Nose Dive-Pound Cake-Fence Line-Pastore Point-Troll Stroll-River Walk-Tap and Die-Eager Beaver-Webs-River Run-Violet's-Old Webs-Jaw-Mandible-Ridge-Bill Magill-Kitchell

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Pinkham-Moose Alley-White Trail-Sky Dive (look for my pager someplace about 2/3 of the way down)-Nose Dive-Pound Cake-Fence Line-Pastore Point-Troll Stroll-River Walk-Tap and Die-Eager Beaver-Webs-River Run-Violet's-Old Webs-Jaw-Mandible-Ridge-Bill Magill-Kitchell
Holy crap?!? It would take me an entire day of huffing and puffing to get through all of those trails. And that was probably just your warm up wasn't it...

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
No Sidewinder?!?

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Were any of the trails beat up to the point that we should avoid them this weekend?