Quantcast

Fall riding Minneapolis style - Pictures!

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
I was up in Mpls visiting family this past weekend, so I thought I'd bring the bike and see some old friends and new trails. Turns out the conditions were far beyond good. They were as perfect as you can get in my mind. Tacky dirt, warm sun and twisty trail.

Anyways. I'm not much for words. On with the show!

The ever faithful best riding buddy.

From the new trails at Murphy-Hanrehan in the southern reaches of the greater Minneapolis metro area.

Thanks for looking. Get out there!

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
Thanks Mark, he is a great dog. Follows the trail, never chases critters, and lets the kids do whatever to him. I love this dog.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Is he a purebred or a mixed breed?

Man those trails look so fast! martini - you gotta come east so you can feast on some New England rock gardens. :biggrin:

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
All the best dogs are mutts! He's a mix of Boxer and Pointer. He's got the temprement of the Boxer and athleticism of the Pointer. You should see him chase after frisbees! He's completely OCD about the damned thing. Its the first thing he searches for when he goes out side.

Those trails are in Mpls, I live in Prairie du Chien WI, 4 hours to the south, on the Mississippi. We've got lots of rocks here, but not like yours. Ours are smaller, but we get plenty of them. I'll take some local pics soon.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Minny-apple-puss that is. Went up last weekend and rode with the Salsa crew at Lebanon Hills. It's got rocks folks! Lots of em too. Plus those crazy log piles. Nutty stuff.

I was supposed to ride at Murphy Hanrahan but wouldn't you know it? It was a special deer hunting weekend and the place was closed down for mountain biking.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I thought I might be seein' stuff I wasn't supposed to be seein' :hmm:

Turned out I heard stuff I wasn't supposed to be hearin' ;)

Check out this YouTube though. It'll give you a vague idea. The rocks are hard to see in this grainy vid, but the logpiles are easy to spot!

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Funny thing about video, it never really captures the gradients that you experience. While "Leb", ( as the locals call it) never gets into any long, granny ring stuff, it's relentless in its up and down nature. throw in the rocks, log piles, and ledges and it gets pretty hairy at times.

Well, at least for me it does!

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
GT, you probably didn't 'see' or 'hear' about stuff, just like me. You know who's gonna rip it up next year!

The vid is ok, but really doesn't capture the Leb that I like and remember. There are some killer rock gardens there. There are most definitely sections I'd have put on there this guy didn't. I'd post some pics - but as big a shutter bug as I am, I don't have shots in those sections! Having too much fun riding them, I guess.