Quantcast

Fall = Squash

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Meat Foot said:
Come to think of it, that may be the recipe's name. Curry Pumpkin Soup. Dinner is soon (for us westcoasters), not soon enough.......
ugh. it's only quarter to 4? It should be later.

has anyone ever baked squash with a little bit of curry? i've only had it with squash soup, but it sounds like it could be good.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
amydalayna said:
ugh. it's only quarter to 4? It should be later.

has anyone ever baked squash with a little bit of curry? i've only had it with squash soup, but it sounds like it could be good.
I know, I know, I know! :mumble: I have little to do, and it makes for a long day. Cleaned up my desk, killed the dust bunnies, wiped out all the temp files, deleted personal stuff off the server (oops!). I need a beer.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I love squash!!! Here's quick and easy butternut squash recipe that is :drool:

First, slice the butternut squash in half (length wise to retain shape). Then, lightly salt & pepper and place face down in a shallow baking dish with about 1/2" of water and cook in the oven at 375 until soft.

Carefully scoop out the squash so that you don't damage the outer skin as you're going to use it again as a dish.

In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, mix the cooked squash with sour cream (8oz container works for a small/medium squash), and freshly chopped chives until blended and somewhat fluffy.

Scoop the squash back into the husks and top with a layer of Italian or plain (your preference) breadcrumbs and back for about 10 minutes (until bread crumbs are golden and crispy).

Mmmmmm....this has been a thanksgiving hit since I first made it!