Quantcast

Falls City, OR

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
I went down there Saturday to check out the scene, since it looked so good from the pics on www.blackrockfreeride.org and what people have posted around various boards: wow. Nice folks, good riding at every level (if downhill and freeride are your tastes) and the best built stunts I've seen outside of parks where people are paid to build them. My wife has the camera with her in D.C. right now or I'd post pics, but pics don't really convey it. Highly recommended for those who want to brave a four-and-a-half hour drive.

Jun 18, 2004
carbuncle said:
I went down there Saturday to check out the scene, since it looked so good from the pics on www.blackrockfreeride.org and what people have posted around various boards: wow. Nice folks, good riding at every level (if downhill and freeride are your tastes) and the best built stunts I've seen outside of parks where people are paid to build them. My wife has the camera with her in D.C. right now or I'd post pics, but pics don't really convey it. Highly recommended for those who want to brave a four-and-a-half hour drive.
Damn, I wanted to go down there last w/e...

Hack

Chimp
May 8, 2004
Portland
I was there on Sat too. Great conditions and everything you said about the building was right on. I first went there in 03 and the progress they have made is amazing. Be there on the 26th. 5th week in a row

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Check out the current issue of Decline. There's a Mountain Cycle ad with a sweet shot of Gale Dahlagher ripping around the wooden wall ride on Grannies Kitchen.

Those trails are so well made and have great flow.

There's photos below of me riding Falls City and other trails.
Tim