Quantcast

falls city this weekend

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
flydi007 said:
heading to falls city on sunday. anyone else going to be there or want to carpool?
Hmmm, I bet I could ride most of the trails one-handed. I'll have to be carful and go around most of the stunts though. :D

I'm sure there's some others who want to go too.
Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
flydi007 said:
are you already riding again?
I rode the day ater getting my cast on. Nothing big so far. Over the weekend I did a couple loops around the waterfront. From my house, past the Rose Garden to the waterfront, past Oaks Park, across the Sellwood Bridge, and back on the other side. All one-handed. It helps to use my SPD pedals. I've ridden down some stairs, done little drops, and some descent wheelies, all one handed.
It's better than sitting at home, watching TV, and getting fat.
I'd be pretty slow at Falls City, but I think I could do it if I go around the tough stuff.
Tim

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
I'll be down there on Sunday with a friend from Portland. We'll probably get an early start since I need to drive back to Seattle that afternoon. Neither of us have ever been there before, but we hear it has a bit better flow than Post Canyon.

Look for a couple tall skinny guys on a Faith and a VPFree... that's us.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I'm still planning to go. I just put a different bike together that should make it easier for me. I'll be the short stocky guy on the all black Mountain Cycle Sin with the purple cast on his right arm.

I'd like to hook up with someone for the drive down (Diane?). Either me and my old suby wagon or you drive.
call me
Tim 503 307 3586

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
oops! :dead:
Upon closer inspection as I was finishing the last cable ties on the build up of my old Sin frame, I see that I won't be riding this bike this weekend. I must have ridden that bike harder than I remember. :eek:
Hmmm, do I really want to put the big heavy DH 9.5 back together to ride Sunday? :confused:

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Great spot you've got down there. We had a killer time riding, and we met a bunch of the trail builders. Didn't see any of you, but it sounds like you might not have made it down.

The wall ride on Grannies was one of the finest trail features I've ever seen. That trail in general comletely rocked! I'll definitely be back down there next time I visit my bros in Portland.