Quantcast

Famous Simpsons quotes

Sumac

Chimp
Aug 21, 2003
Louisville, KY
Homer: "Trying is the first step towards failure"

(From the ovaraptor episode, Bart attempts to not shoot a mother bird in the nest by aiming way to the side of the nest)
Nelson: "Alright, bulleye! You even corrected for the bent sight..."

(From the Ned Flanders Beatlemania episode, Ned sings to Rod and Todd while hiding in the panic room)
To the tune of "Coming around the mountain"
Ned: "We'll be safe inside our fortress when they come! We'll be safe from creeps and killers when they come. Unless they have a blowtorch or a poison gas injector. Then I don't know what'll happen when they come."

What a great show!

Steve

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Homer- I kicked a giant mouse in the butt. do I have to draw you a picture?

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Mrs. Lovejoy (pastors wife): We are talking about the s-e-x in front of the c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n.

Krusty: Sex Cauldron?? I thought they shut that place down?!
____

After Homer has his vision quest:
"Oh, and that Aztec temple was just the pro shop. And that talking coyote was really that talking dog."

Dog: "Hi Homer!"

Homer: "Wait a minute! Dogs can't talk!"

Dog: "Woof woof!"

Homer: "Damn straight!"
____

Selma: "My God, he eats like a pig (referring to Homer)!"

Lenny: "Ehhh, he eats more like a duck."
____

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
Homer: Dosent the bible say "thou shall not let moochers into thy hut"?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

revend lovejoy: But think of Mathew 5:24 " put thou difences aside and ye shall be fulfilled"

Homer: yes but what about Mathew 6:17, hmmm...

Lovejoy: and he went into Nazerath and he lodged there??

Homer Yeah... Think about it....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homer answers the door and Rev. Lovejoy,mrs Lovejoy,Ned and Maud falnders and a few others are there.

Homer: AWWWWWW!! This isnt going to be about Jesus is it?

Rev Lovejoy: Everything is about Jesus Homer!.... Except this, do you kow your son is working in a berlesque house?

Helan Lovejoy: principal Skinner saw Him there with his own eyes!

Skinner: thats right but I was only ther to get directions on how to get away from there.

Ned: Now homer Im as free thinking as the next parent, Like for instance the other day I let Rod buy a some red hot candies with a cartoon devil on the box, but this is a little ovber the top.

Homer: Now listen.. If Homer Simpson wants his son to work in a berlesque house, Homer Simpson's son is going to work in a berlesque house!!

the crowd parts to reaviel Marge exuated after a trip from scrubbing oil coverd rocks with Lisa

Homer: now Marge your going to hear alot of crazy stories of Bart working In a berlesque house....

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
not sure if this scene was mentioned as I haven't read all the pages.

Looking like they're interogating a suspect.

Chief Whigim: "OK, so you think you're hot stuff eh ? Well, we're gonna take you to pieces"

meanwhile they actually just got a pizza !

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Two of my favorites

Homer: Marriage is like a coffin and every kid is another nail in it.

Marge: Homer, this is the worse thing you have ever done.

Homer: You say that so much it as lost all meaning.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Here's a couple of classics:

Marge: I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends. All you have to do is be yourself.
Lisa: Be myself? I've been myself for eight years and it hasn't worked.

Mr. Burns: Ah, Monday morning. Time to pay for your two days of debauchery, you hungover drones.

Homer: Oh no! What have I done? I smashed open my little boy's piggy bank, and for what? A few measly cents, not even enough to buy one beer. Wait a minute, lemme count and make sure... not even close

Homer: Oh, so they have internet on computers now!

Homer: I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is -- and it's me.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Dental plan! Lisa needs braces! Dental plan! Lisa needs braces! Dental plan! Lisa needs braces! Dental plan! Lisa needs braces! Dental plan! Lisa needs braces! Dental plan! Lisa needs braces! Dental plan! Lisa needs braces! Dental plan! Lisa needs braces! Dental plan! Lisa needs braces! Dental plan! Lisa needs braces!

Boy, when it comes to compliments, women are ravenous, blood-sucking monsters always wantin' more, more, MORE!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's the 21st century now. It is a lot like the 20th century but everyone is afraid and the stock market is much lower.-L. Simpson

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Zit faced kid with changing voice working at movie refreshment stand: I am sorry but we are not supposed to put butter on the Milk Duds.

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
When hes writing the article for the paper about food:

*They go to write an article
Lisa: Well, what did you think of the food?
Homer: hrmmmmm... well its not... not... undelecious
Lisa: It was delecious
Homer: exactly!

Shanks

Chimp
Jan 3, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Remember in the haloween episode when Homer and his usual groupies are Roman nights and they're on the way home on their ship. Blah Blah,(earlier in that episode they were the nights of the trojan horse) If I remember correctly homer winds up eating is comrads after theyre turned into pigs.. Then he has to sail through the "river styx" hell to get home..... What styx song is that?? I missed that era of rock compleatly so Im cluless.

Im laughin just remembering the show!

Any 80's rockers that can help me out would be greatly appretiated!

Cheers!

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i have a few favourites but i can never remember the exact quote but here goes.

the one homer becomes head of the nuclear plant union, he's just won the dental plan and is on the floor running round in circles going 'Woooop woop woop woop woop woop woo' then burns comes out with something like 'i think we've been had, he's not as smart as i first thought'

the one where homer finds the pie on the floor 'Mmmm, floor pie'

cant remember what this ones from but i just remember the quote 'Duffman! cant breath!!!'

the one where there playing all the practical jokes, barts found out homers weakness, gets the tin of beer and shakes it with the paint machine, places it back in the fridge. as soon as homer is about toopen the beer bart says 'April fo... BANG!!!!!!!!

and the good old classic 'Mmmmm beeeerrrr'

theres so many more that i love but i cant remember them.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
moe- I'm put sausages down your throat and shove starving dogs up your butt!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Billy Corgan: "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins." [extends hand to Homer]

Homer: [shaking hand] "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Mr. Burns quotes

"Well, that's odd ... I've just robbed a man of his livelihood, and yet I feel strangely empty. Tell you what, Smithers - have him beaten to a pulp."

"What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?"

Mr. Burns: You're fired.
Marge: You can't fire me just because I'm married. I'm gonna sue the pants off of you.
Mr. Burns: You don't have to sue me to get my pants off.

Mr. Burns: So, Smithers, what are you doing this weekend. Something gay, I expect?
Smithers: What?!!
Mr. Burns: You know, light and fancy free! Mothers, lock up your daughters! Smithers is on the town!
Smithers: Oh! Of course.

Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Homer: You're Lisa's best friend Maggie. You go talk her. (Pushes Maggie towards Lisa, but she just falls flat on her face.)

Cletus: Hey, you know what? I could call my ma while I'm up here. HEY MA, GET OFF THE DANG ROOF!!!

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
BARNEY: (stands up at girl scout meeting): Hi, my name is Barney, and I'm an alcoholic
LISA: Mr. Gumble, this is a girl scout meeting
BARNEY: Is it, or is it that you girl scouts can't admit that you have a problem?

HOMER(attempting to impersonate Mr. Burns):Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter waiting for me.
POSTOFFICE GUY: okay, Mr. Burns - what's your first name?
HOMER: I don't know.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Originally posted by MikeD
I'm a brick!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Ralf: "..and when I found out I didn't have worms it was the happiest day of my life."

Ms. Hoover: "Thank you Ralf, very graphic."

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Kent Brockman: "Things aren't as happy as they used to be down here at the unemployment office. Joblessness is no longer just for philosophy majors. Useful people are starting to feel the pinch."

Smithers: "Sir, I'm afraid we have a bad image, people see you as a bit of an ogre."
Mr.Burns: "I ought to club them and eat their bones!"

This one is for DHGirlie
Lisa at the Dentists' office
dentist: "Lisa, so you won't be scared, I'll show you some of the tools I'll be using. This is the scraper, this is the poker, and this happy little fellow is called the gouger. Now the first thing I'll be doing is chiseling some teeth out of your jawbone. Hold still while I gas you."