Quantcast

Fann...err, Hip packs

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yeah, I have to carry all of my shit because of tweakers. I have often wondered about the legality and liability of booby traps for people trying to steal shit, like a seatback pocket full of dirty razor blades.
Fill your trunk with dirty needles and bury decoy valuables in there. See how badly they want your stuff.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Hey All!
Updated Lab Austere packs are arriving shortly. Revised zippers and stitching.
Check em out here: labaustere.com
Happy to pass along a great monkey deal. Just pm me.
thanks

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hey All!
Updated Lab Austere packs are arriving shortly. Revised zippers and stitching.
Check em out here: labaustere.com
Happy to pass along a great monkey deal. Just pm me.
thanks
what is that great monkey deal you speak of? #discountcode?

I'm about to order one...

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
can the LA pack fit a big phone? I have a note 8 and want to make sure I can carry my phone alongside all the rest of the trash in my pack.
Hey man!

I get the phone question all the time, and don’t have good data there, other than I have yet to actually get a return for a phone not fitting.

So, I am happy to take the pack back if it does not fit!

Let me know if that works :)

jonKranked

Press Button, Receive Stupid
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
can the LA pack fit a big phone? I have a note 8 and want to make sure I can carry my phone alongside all the rest of the trash in my pack.
I have a pixel 3a xl which fits at 160mm tall. Google says the note 8 is 162.5 tall so it should fit. I don't think much bigger would fit.

Edit - this is in the zippered pocket between the bottle holders.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
Thanks man. I mostly want a pack for a multitool, phone, and C02 for hour long post-work/ sunday afternoon rides. I tried one of the generic fanny packs my parents had on a ride and it was OK, but I don't want a full bladder and water bottle holder in there. The LA pack is pretty dope and it supports a monkey bro so that's cool

jonKranked

Press Button, Receive Stupid
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thanks man. I mostly want a pack for a multitool, phone, and C02 for hour long post-work/ sunday afternoon rides. I tried one of the generic fanny packs my parents had on a ride and it was OK, but I don't want a full bladder and water bottle holder in there. The LA pack is pretty dope and it supports a monkey bro so that's cool
i've been real happy with mine. i even use it for rides around the neighborhood with the kids and toss their water bottles in it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have a Camelback Flash-Flo in good condition that you can have. Old but clean, no damage, includes a new reservoir - you would just need a tube. From experience - will easily hold keys, wallet, cellphone, snacks, bike tube and compact tool kit. I'll find it and attach a picture.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
20200520_120805.jpg

Not sure of capacity, 40oz maybe. Comfortable, sits at small of back. Will not hold bladder and water bottle at same time. PM if you want it. I will throw it the wash so it will arrive clean. Bladder was never used.

EDIT: 70oz

Last edited: