Quantcast

Fanny Packs

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Oh they know. The founder was there to honor part of the acquisition. They bought up a bunch of it, kicked off natives and now let it serve as a refuge for wandering rich white people.

I surely know. Google "Santiago Maldonado" and "Rafael Nahuel", and behold the wonders of the state's repressive forces defending the rights of Benetton and his kind before those of the natives.

Our own president likes to take several vacation periods off in Robert Lewis' ranch, who has claimed ownership of a piece of our most beautiful national parks, denying anyone the right to reach a lake, when this last fact is strictly forbidden by our Constitutional bill.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Self important rich white people suck. Companies selling an image of 'conservation' just to sell more jackets suck even worse. I'd fully buy patagonia stuff otherwise, they actually repair their shit. But I can't stand the groups that they fund. I sat and had to listen to a lawyer from the wilderness society threaten a local forest multiple times over a little patch of land right next to a highway because snowmobiles are allowed there. Literally right next to a highway where people walk all over the foliage in the summer taking selfies.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I surely know. Google "Santiago Maldonado" and "Rafael Nahuel", and behold the wonders of the state's repressive forces defending the rights of Benetton and his kind before those of the natives.

Our own president likes to take several vacation periods off in Robert Lewis' ranch, who has claimed ownership of a piece of our most beautiful national parks, denying anyone the right to reach a lake, when this last fact is strictly forbidden by our Constitutional bill.
Thx for the information, another brand on the never-buy-list. Good thing is we got a local manufacturer here which is also producing good quality stuff. Only downside would be design or looks for some. Idgaf

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Hi All.

More Lab Austere packs inbound with updated stitching and zippers.

Happy to offer a great Monkey deal to those interested... pm me.

cheers

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
The fit for a standard water bottle is snug enough that they are very securely retained. So if your growler is substantially wider at the base I doubt it will fit. I've only ever used them for standard water bottles and 12-16 oz beers. Works great for those.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
People interested in an enduro satchel should jump on this. I've got one of the first gen models and it's great.
X2

I have not used a backpack once since I got mine. It really is a fine product.

I have an old back injury and I typically get a couple of lumbar sprains every year. Removing the bladder full of water from the backpack was really beneficial...and losing the backpack altogether was even better. Very satisfied customer here.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
It will open. They don’t have time to do the act 250 review this year so this maybe the last year if we all don’t become zombies first

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
It makes me sad that your trails are so smooth that you can *take* crowlers on your rides with you.
Friday beer rides were a tradition around here for a long time and if you think sobriety (or lack thereof) affects the choice of trail you'd be amazed. Cans only though - no glass. Its pretty interesting how even the strongest drinker can get semi-cut off a couple of heavies when you have them mid ride when you've been working up a sweat.

However, I was always amazed riding in BC that the locals would smash a joint at the top of some of the hairiest descending I've ever seen. I've got no idea how they do it. I get stoned and my reaction speed resembles that of a sedated sloth.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Friday beer rides were a tradition around here for a long time and if you think sobriety (or lack thereof) affects the choice of trail you'd be amazed. Cans only though - no glass. Its pretty interesting how even the strongest drinker can get semi-cut off a couple of heavies when you have them mid ride when you've been working up a sweat.

However, I was always amazed riding in BC that the locals would smash a joint at the top of some of the hairiest descending I've ever seen. I've got no idea how they do it. I get stoned and my reaction speed resembles that of a sedated sloth.
I think he meant from a keeping the crowler in your fanny pack perspective, not a drunk perspective. Or at least I hope so. :D

I'll bring a beer on a ride pretty often. Usually just drink it at the top of the first climb.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I think he meant from a keeping the crowler in your fanny pack perspective, not a drunk perspective. Or at least I hope so. :D

I'll bring a beer on a ride pretty often. Usually just drink it at the top of the first climb.
Ah right. I just chuck a couple of tins in my camelback and then ice water in the bladder to keep them cool. Haven't tried a fannypack thingy.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Naw - I was thinking a can would get so shook up out here as to be mostly useless when you actually needed it.
It works better than you might expect, at least with 12-16oz cans. Crowlers might be a bit much.

But again, refer to my "just drink it at the top of the first climb" advice to be on the safe side. :D