Quantcast

Fantasy DH 2022

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I thought about trying to make an all-French team, but it would have cost too much.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Yeah, Kerr did as well.
Must have been all the sport riders eating *hit.

Kind of a weird feature with the log in the landing and sharp turn, but not really that hard.
I'd be more worried about the big booters at the end....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
"Best of..." from that race
It may be me being old an unfit but I really like 1.30-2min dh tracks as long as they are not uber flat. You can go all out all day and you won't hurt yourself by doing that super tired.

Also I will probably screw myself with fantasy league once again. Every year it seems like the main issue is properly understanding what's the best value for points.Am I correct in thinking fantasy league points are not distributed the same way as WC points? I always lose too many points by trying to find new up and coming riders people are sleeping on and don't predict which top5 guy is on form.

There are a few guys that really surprised everyone last year like Dan Slack. There was also some Canadian dude I remember doing well in the last 3 rounds.

Also anyone knows if Rachel is racing this year? Her IG is unclear.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
It may be me being old an unfit but I really like 1.30-2min dh tracks as long as they are not uber flat. You can go all out all day and you won't hurt yourself by doing that super tired.
Yeah I like the shorter tracks where you're not burying yourself in the hurt locker every run.

Also I will probably screw myself with fantasy league once again. Every year it seems like the main issue is properly understanding what's the best value for points.Am I correct in thinking fantasy league points are not distributed the same way as WC points? I always lose too many points by trying to find new up and coming riders people are sleeping on and don't predict which top5 guy is on form.
I do think their scoring is a bit weird/not based on UCI points. It has to be though or else everyone would just pick two fast girls and a bunch of $10K male riders

Also anyone knows if Rachel is racing this year? Her IG is unclear.
I think she mentioned select races only.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I do think their scoring is a bit weird/not based on UCI points. It has to be though or else everyone would just pick two fast girls and a bunch of $10K male riders
Are male points = UCI points? Since if yes then at least my spreadsheet works a bit.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Damnit, so my plan to pick two fast women and a bunch of $10k men won't work??
Theoretically it could still work. 2 fast women + 1 top30/20 guy + 2 cheap guys is doable. If someone explodes like Coulanges last year it could be a viable way to game the system.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Theoretically it could still work. 2 fast women + 1 top30/20 guy + 2 cheap guys is doable. If someone explodes like Coulanges last year it could be a viable way to game the system.
Trickier picking the women though these days. A few years ago you'd just grab Rachel and one other, but now there's Myriam, Vali, Camille, Tahnee, Marine that have all won and could win.

Plus some up and comers showing crazy pace.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Trickier picking the women though these days. A few years ago you'd just grab Rachel and one other, but now there's Myriam, Vali, Camille, Tahnee, Marine that have all won and could win.

Plus some up and comers showing crazy pace.
Nina Hoffman may get much quicker this year with her joining the Syndicate.

But the picking you mention might get easier after 2-3 rounds.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
That was my thinking.
I wonder how will Luca do now that he's not on Syndicate. Some riders really seem to benefit from experienced teammates even if they are faster than them (ie. Matt Walker + Danny Hart). Also wonder if it will may Laurie a real contender instead of being 3rd to 5th place Troy Brosnan.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
yea, i just changed my roster up a bit after the portugese national cup
This but it's also worth looking for people who finally are no longer privateers or for people who got good fintess coaches, especially younger riders. There is one guy I'm betting on though given the history of other riders I wonder will pinkbike take away my points if the rider tests positive :P

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
I wonder how will Luca do now that he's not on Syndicate. Some riders really seem to benefit from experienced teammates even if they are faster than them (ie. Matt Walker + Danny Hart). Also wonder if it will may Laurie a real contender instead of being 3rd to 5th place Troy Brosnan.
Brosnan and Greenland have both won world cups, they aren't contenders?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The reference was to the fact that for a long time Brosnan was mr. consistent 2nd place. Greenland was consistently on the podium but outside of that one win he was always super consistently just off the winnin pace so maybe a small change helps him that extra bit to really fight for #1 place overall not just be near it.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Nina Hoffman may get much quicker this year with her joining the Syndicate.

But the picking you mention might get easier after 2-3 rounds.
Yep, historically the first race usually takes out a big name or two.

Brosnan broke his ankle at our Nationals a couple weeks back so will miss the first race.

Greenland has won before (VDS). I'd bet he will be up the pointy end this year as well

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Just checked the Lourdes entry list to find 4 of my fantasy team aren't even on the list.
:doh:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Just checked the Lourdes entry list to find 4 of my fantasy team aren't even on the list.
:doh:
You can still change your team. So do it fast.

Also I wonder how Pierrons flu affects his fitness and how much fitness does this track really demand.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I changed them,
Team's fully French now apart from a random cheap woman.
The best kind ;)

What's the Pierron Flu?
I've got two of 'em in there

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I changed them,
The best kind ;)

What's the Pierron Flu?
It's a virus that makes you racist, but the kind of racism that's OK because you're French and not much can be expected of you socially.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I changed them,
The best kind ;)

What's the Pierron Flu?
Pierron complained he didnt race that broride race because he was sick

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Ffs. Changed from Pierron to Daprela last minute.... My curse continues. Especially given that with Norton and Balanche on the team it would be good.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
This is my first year doing the fantasy league. How long does it take Outside (TM) to get the points tallied?