Quantcast

FAO the e13 guy

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I've just been informed that you make chain devices for the original-style DHi. Is this true?

I went into my LBS to get a new chain device for my 2004 dhi
so they rang E13 to see if they made one specifically for the dhi and they said they have a 'SRS-i' or a 'LG1-i'

they cost about £15 more than the normal one's

it cost me £130 including taco for the LG1-i

or i could have got the SRS-i for £115 including bash ring

but cause they are only for DHI's nobody stock them as they wont sell, but you can get them directly from E13
I'd be very interested in hearing whether this is true or not, and a link or a photo would be great! Cheers :)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I am, and in the meantime I've bought a Devinci Wilson, but I'm very interested if I can buy a new chaindevice for my old DHi, as that's all that was really wrong with it, and it'd be nice to resurrect it!

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hey Seb,
Unfortunately we don't make a guide for the original DHI. We did make a special guide for the 2007ish era of the bike, where it is a crazy full floating backplate that pivoted around the BB shell.

DW's younger bro actually still rides his old school DHI still...with the stock guide that came with it.

Cheers,
philip

P.S. The Fury is pretty slick...the GT factory mech's are some good friends of ours, so we've had a good bit of hands on time with them.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
God know how the guy I quoted originally reckons he bought a guide for a 2004 DHi then?

Do you know when the Fury will be selling? edit: just did a google product search and loads of shops are listing it already - are they available? Sure I would have heard if they were...?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
where it is a crazy full floating backplate that pivoted around the BB shell
PS, that sounds like the old style (pre 2006) DHis - I've never looked at one of the ugly monocoque designs up close, but I thought they used fairly standard chain devices, just like I think a Mongoose EC-D does?