Quantcast

farewell, falwell

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
or not so well, you pompous ass.

LYNCHBURG, Virginia (AP) -- The Rev. Jerry Falwell has died, a Liberty University executive said Tuesday. He was 73.

Earlier, the executive said Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious in his office.

Ron Godwin, the executive vice president of Falwell's Liberty University, said Falwell was found unresponsive around 10:45 a.m. and taken to Lynchburg General Hospital. Godwin said he was not sure what caused the collapse, but "he has a history of heart challenges."

"I had breakfast with him, and he was fine at breakfast," Godwin said. "He went to his office, I went to mine and they found him unresponsive."

Falwell, a television evangelist who founded the Moral Majority, became the face of the religious right in the 1980s. He later founded the conservative Liberty University and serves as its president.

Falwell survived two serious health scares in early 2005. He was hospitalized for two weeks with what was described as a viral infection, then hospitalized again a few weeks later after going into respiratory arrest.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press.

CNN.com Breaking News

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
After the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the U.S., Falwell said on "The 700 Club" television program that "the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians," as well as liberal advocacy groups were to blame for the attacks. Days later, Falwell said his remarks had been taken out of context.
Imus was no pioneer.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
May 1000 black lesbian communist Muslim abortionists rape him in hell.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Well, in the spirit of Christianity, I think we really need to look at ourselves and say something nice about Jerry Falwell. I'll start:

As far as I know, Jerry Falwell never raped, tortured, and murdered a young Cambodian boy.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
If I weren't an athiest I'd say "Thank god he's dead!"
Seriously, lights out to another religious, hate mongering bigot.

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
Sounds like the ones with the hate are on this board. Even if you don't agree or like someone, to say the insanely ridiculous things said in this post really shows a great deal of immaturity. But, that's what the 2nd ammendment gives us.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Sounds like the ones with the hate are on this board. Even if you don't agree or like someone, to say the insanely ridiculous things said in this post really shows a great deal of immaturity. But, that's what the 2nd ammendment gives us.
Did you know that the fourth commandment is, "Thou shalt not be a dumbass. Thou shalt pay a little bit of attention in civics class."

Seriously...how do you get to a stage where you can use a computer and still mix up the first and second amendment? That's truly a special gift of stupid you have there. (My apologies if you have Down's syndrome, of course...)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
In the USA you have the right to STFU.

You also have the right to educate yourself.

Hop to it bro!

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
I meant the first guys. Come on, honest mistake. My point was that, although he was by far not the best example of christianity, it doesn't give those of us who are christians the right to cast the stones of judgement at him. None of us are perfect. I know I'm not, look at my mistake on accidentally typiing the 2nd amendment instead of first. I've been reading alot about gun control and such and just had that on my mind. anywhoo, just for thought, not accusation.

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
Yup, everyone on this board has dedicated a major part of their lives to demonising minority groups for no good reason. That's right. Well done.

Hey man, you know this aappBling72 right. You know I'm not a dummy. Just voicing an opinion. Pretty harsh to judge anyone that bad even if they missed the mark in their attempt to promote Christ!

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Pretty harsh to judge anyone that bad even if they missed the mark in their attempt to promote Christ!
Do you really think it's harsh to judge him? I have no problem judging a man that preached hate, and I certainly don't give him a PASS at it because he did it in the name of Jesus.

If, in a rush to a church fund-raiser, I drove my church bus over a crowd of school children on purpose because I didn't feel like stopping, wouldn't you judge me?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Pretty harsh to judge anyone that bad even if they missed the mark in their attempt to promote Christ!
No, it's not. Falwell was a judgmental, intolerant bigot. The fact that he did it in the name of Jesus whose teachings he clearly didn't even begin to understand only makes it worse.

Fvck him. However he died, it clearly wasn't what he deserved since they could still identify the body. He deserves nothing but judgment and contempt.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Where's the moral high ground in wishing a bigot had suffered a more painful death?
It lies in taking the sides of the many who died of aids in the 80s while the government sat on it's ass, intentionally ignoring its existence because of bitches like falwell sticking his nose in politics.

At least that's what I'm going with.

I hope he had some open sores that were annoying him at the time. Even bed sores.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Fvck him. However he died, it clearly wasn't what he deserved since they could still identify the body. He deserves nothing but judgment and contempt.
My wife put it this way - "He wasn't just evil, he was an instrument of evil."

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Just for giggles, I popped Hitchens and Falwell into google. Apparently, the fact that Hitchens felt like pissing on Falwell's bloated carcass is evidence of a global media conspiracy against Christians.

I didn't think we needed more evidence that American Christians are both morally and intellectually retarded, but there you have it. Although I sometimes wonder if that isn't the consequence of that particular group being self selecting...