Quantcast

Farmington New Mexico

So I found a program that I'm considering, and I found that Farmington New Mexico has a school that offers it. You ask why Farmington NM? Because its 45 miles from Durango, CO, home of sick snowboarding, biking and everything else outdoors...

Question though, Farmington is surrounded by Reservations, it's out in a high chapparel desert like plain, and very small. How would a white boy get along in a town like this? I know this sounds ignorant, but I've lived in area's that don't like white boys, no matter how you carry yourself...As much as we'd like to think people aren't racist...there are still alot who are and I've never lived in the southwest before so I'm not sure how things work down there.

Anyone been to this place??? It's only 45 min. from durango :drool: :drool:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I've been there many times. It a nice small town.

There is killer trout fishing not far from there on the San Juan River just below the Navajo Lake Dam. I am talking some monster rainbow and german browns in some deeep pools.

It is also a good place to hunt barbary sheep as well.

You are not far from Mesa Verde National Park and Chaco Canyon and some great camping.

They have a national 4x4 rock-crawler competion there too.

More: http://www.fmtn.org/about_farmington/attractions/index.html

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
rode through there this summer. one of the shop owners is a badass and gave me a $30 tool, and offered to give another rider a set of Profile aerobars. rider had push the guy away. kinda funny.

i did not like how the drivers treated cyclists on the road at all, though. all of New Mexico was bad. worst state in my opinion. people outside cars were real nice, though. i enjoyed it there.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Farmington has some awesome XC trails that stay pretty dry basically year round. Some fun little spots to go "huckin" and some of the best moto riding around. There is a sweet track in nearby Aztec that people are allways riding. In the winter time kids from Durango usually go ride in Aztec or Farmington whenever we can kind time to get down there. You should be just fine in the town. I know quite a few people from down there and I have not heard of a single problem. The town is kinda "dull" andjust seems odd to me, but that is coming from Durango so that might be why. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.