Quantcast

Fashion content

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Heading to Granby Ranch for a 4 day weekend with the family. Not doing the Warrior Princess (trestle, winter park). I know a lot of people love the shit out of that place. I do not. To each their own.

The wife makes me golf, but I'm okay with that. Hopefully Going to take the 9yo out on some single track too.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
My wife just shakes her head and says "As long as the insurance premiums are paid and if you go ride the big bike at an actual mountain, then make sure you have trip insurance. Call me if you live."

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Question; how you guys can afford, or WANT to pay lift served riding these days!? Around here the cheapest is $68 for a tiny boring mountain. Bromont is like $90 or something.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Regarding MSA and Tremblant gondolas breaking, I can't concieve that with all the rules and regulations that we have in the province why no one can inspect and certify (or not) those lifts. I would have considered the "enduro" pass at MSA (1 uplift per riding day for not much more than the trail access by itself) if I trusted their lifts, but I don't. Now someone died from an accident, I guess it might wake someone up that this is a serious thing.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I don't live in that kind of paradise.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Regarding MSA and Tremblant gondolas breaking, I can't concieve that with all the rules and regulations that we have in the province why no one can inspect and certify (or not) those lifts. I would have considered the "enduro" pass at MSA (1 uplift per riding day for not much more than the trail access by itself) if I trusted their lifts, but I don't. Now someone died from an accident, I guess it might wake someone up that this is a serious thing.
The lift wasn't the cause. Some dumbass was moving a large drill (for blasting I suppose) and the mast hit the gondola ripping the floor and sending the couple to half their death.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
If I ride my trail bike with an open face helmet at a resort with lift access is it downhill?
My bike is packed away in my camper for Sun Valley, ID in 2 weeks. Last I checked it is $55 for a day pass.
Our local place and first lift access place ever(3rd year) is $40 per day or $340 for a season pass.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If I ride my trail bike with an open face helmet at a resort with lift access is it downhill?
Call me an idiot, but I do. I remember the exact moment in time that I ripped the full face off and hoofed into the hotel room. Twas a sunny and balls hot day at MSA - we got there in late August, but didn't realize the gondola wasn't running then (perhaps a good thing). On the map it looks like you just ride a long a service road for a few hundred feet to the other chairlift. Nope, that shit is a climb up a rocky slope out in the sun. My head baked inside the helmet and it made me feel claustrophobic. :rofl:

Now I just can't get around how it feels like I have tunnel vision when I try putting it on, especially with goggles.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
The lift wasn't the cause. Some dumbass was moving a large drill (for blasting I suppose) and the mast hit the gondola ripping the floor and sending the couple to half their death.
Whoa I didn't know that! There's always a dumbass involved somewhere.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Murica had something similar for a few years pre-covid that my wife and i used extensively, Mtbparks pass.

But during covid they just kept everyone's money from 2020 and didn't make a comeback.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I have been riding Åre bike park for the last couple of days with my son. It was all fun until I flew over the bar and broke a rib... now I will fully focus on ice-cream and beer
View attachment 197272

Bridges can be difficult to cross, IDK...
He was fine.
View attachment 197273
fuck dude. welcome to the no cough no laugh no sneeze club. mine's almost ok after 3 weeks...i found icing seems to help the most.

Lol people who start shit rarely stick around when I get out to see if they need counseling lol

Love the car with roof rack the mpg is HORRIBLE..But with hitch rack and loaded it's a blast to go adventure....
hahaha. my accord hybrid with roof racks always fits right in the the probros in the lot. but yeah; the bikes on the roof bring highway mpg from like 40 to 30.

re: prices, etc., i will pedal in the mtns enough to appreciate the lift/shuttle for on average $60/day for things around here. if i get in 8-10 runs in a day i feel like its totally worth it. and i'm a cheap bastard who's always ridden a long travel enduro bike on everything. don't really get dropped by buddies on dh rigs at the parks and don't fall much behind locally either so no real incentive to do anything differently. did i mention that i mostly just have fucking fun riding bikes in the steep/rough/janky woods?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
My bike is packed away in my camper for Sun Valley, ID in 2 weeks. Last I checked it is $55 for a day pass.
Our local place and first lift access place ever(3rd year) is $40 per day or $340 for a season pass.
In st Marie's Idaho now planning on hitting silverwood, spokane mt and another spot ..had a rear spoke issue while bike was on rack..if in coeur d'Alene and have an issue Vertical Earth is a kick ass shop....would do business with them again...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Why didn't you just take it off for the climb?
I did, but then you either had to try to pedal with it up a steep hill with it on your bars...or put it back on your head. And plus it was mid 30c out that week, twas too hot for it even on the descents.

I'd rather wear an open face 100% of the time, rather than screw around with taking the full face on and off constantly and then having to deal with goggles.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Fair enough.
I don't ever wear a helmet climbing.
But I do have hair to protect my head from the sun.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Happy wife, happy...err...something. She was lecturing me on how I don't listen. I don't know, wasn't really paying attention.

:D
Just do what I do, she says something and I say "what's it?" Lol..pisses her off and she stops talking to me...
Also never let a wife know you can fix anything, you'll be fixing random shit for life...she will find stuff and stuff you have zero idea existed...

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Call me an idiot, but I do. I remember the exact moment in time that I ripped the full face off and hoofed into the hotel room. Twas a sunny and balls hot day at MSA - we got there in late August, but didn't realize the gondola wasn't running then (perhaps a good thing). On the map it looks like you just ride a long a service road for a few hundred feet to the other chairlift. Nope, that shit is a climb up a rocky slope out in the sun. My head baked inside the helmet and it made me feel claustrophobic. :rofl:

Now I just can't get around how it feels like I have tunnel vision when I try putting it on, especially with goggles.
If I was riding a proper long travel bike on proper DH trails I would wear a full face. I'm on a 130mm trail bike riding the groomed shit. :disgust:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Lmao that's a trap ..you fix shit trying to get it and they find out your abilities cause you think your getting some...then when you don't fix shit you get none!!!

I'll send you a bill later for giving you tips on traps to avoid.
No man. I fix shit because I'm genuinely a friendly helpful kinda guy and I kinda like fixing shit. There's no alterior motive. I just so happen to have ended up having situational sex with a lot of women. A fair few of them unhappily married with husbands who seem to have quite a similar attitude to yours.
Dude I'm not dumb enough to get married nevermind take tips on women from married guys who moan about women.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Saw a clip where he said he'd ticked off all the features. No idea if he strung a full run together

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
No man. I fix shit because I'm genuinely a friendly helpful kinda guy and I kinda like fixing shit. There's no alterior motive. I just so happen to have ended up having situational sex with a lot of women. A fair few of them unhappily married with husbands who seem to have quite a similar attitude to yours.
Dude I'm not dumb enough to get married nevermind take tips on women from married guys who moan about women.
Are you a AGA man? :D

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
So your not dumb enough to get married but dumb enough to fuck with a married woman...lmao
Even as a teen I wouldn't consider that a cool thing and would not tell anyone...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Lmao at silver mountain bike park today and almost broad sided a massive deer...also found out that the hightower LT has its limits...

Great at jumping and ripping it in woods on tight tech...good at serious descents and berms, BUT gets its ass handed to itself on drops to rocks and massive chunk.....was ripping and couldn't see straight , light handed and footed to move but bike was out of its element...be curious to see what it does with a ttx22m coil on rear...fork was dialed...

I did ride it like a DH bike and very happy with it's performance ...didnt let me down even out of its element it performed...

20230718_130705.jpg

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Lmao at silver mountain bike park today and almost broad sided a massive deer...also found out that the hightower LT has its limits...

Great at jumping and ripping it in woods on tight tech...good at serious descents and berms, BUT gets its ass handed to itself on drops to rocks and massive chunk.....was ripping and couldn't see straight , light handed and footed to move but bike was out of its element...be curious to see what it does with a ttx22m coil on rear...fork was dialed...

I did ride it like a DH bike and very happy with it's performance ...didnt let me down even out of its element it performed...

View attachment 197411
now do the nomad...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Even as a teen I wouldn't consider that a cool thing and would not tell anyone
Whereas as a grown man you'll freely share your mysoginist bullshit.
Yeah. Cool AF. 8-)

Last edited:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

tmi

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
AGA - Used as a title for a civil or military leader, especially in the Ottoman Empire.

The Sultan of Swing.
Ah...
"Top shagger" here. Basic. And to the point. Much like me.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Whereas as a grown man you'll freely share your mysoginist bullshit.
Yeah. Cool AF. 8-)
I talk crap but my wife is why I'm a better person and why I've grown..25 years married and had the best times...2 daughters and 2 sons...I laugh about being barraged with a honey do list cause it's true...lol it's a married thing.

And to keep on topic both ride DH with me lol

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Bad enough you engage in such behaviour, but to brag about it too?
Douche-bag status confirmed.