Quantcast

Fashion content

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Hitting Thunder tomorrow and and I can’t f’n wait. Bringing both my dh and trail bike as there are a few trails that the dh bike is overkill on and it’s a blast to rip the trail bike on. Plus I like having a spare bike if I end up breaking anything. Shuttle laps in North Conway next weekend and Killington the following weekend. Pumped. @Inclag doesn't know it yet, but he’s coming on all the trips with me.
jelly! tell one of those rocky corners on trillium ffffffuuuuuuu for me for cracking my rib! :rofl:

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
@Lelandjt sounds like a good time...bike looks good not ridden a Scott...but heard good things about em..
Yeah the seal head on dhx2 leak or blow out a fair bit if you abuse em the float X2 is usually good for 4-6 months before internal ring failure and cavitation...
I blew my dpx2 up at silver mountain couple days ago.. sounds like it's blowing mud...so I'll do a full tear down when I get home this weekend...

Have a blast and snag a few shots, I haven't ridden there and you always seem to have badass shots...

Btw obviously shock is getting swapped it, it looks like a light build what's it's curb weight?
Was 33lb with the coil and single insert. I guess 32.5 with an air shock?

Last edited:

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Figured it was light it has the vine about it...looks good have some safe runs and snap pics of possible
Only had time for a couple Dh laps cuz we did a big backcountry ride. I wish someone had taken photos when one of the trailbuilders showed us an optional line off the side of Grouse. It was the steepest, longest slab I've ever ridden. Very committed. The Ransom ate it up.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
DH content:

WTF's with the current fashion for DH trouser legs to end way above the rider's shoes?

and worse still those riders who's trousers probably fit fairly well turning the hem up???

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Oddball DH or any bike content:

ROOF RACKS SUCK FOR LONG DISTANCE TRIPS!!
will be my last choice, did 4400 miles last week and had bikes on top of Prius.
-MPG 18 (in a Prius, lol) and avg 22 MPG usually 40+
-BUG guts covering front end, bars and stanchions
-cant go through drive thru's

Cost me SEVERAL hundred dollars extra in gas ...I'll use hitch mount.
IMG_20230721_163815_667.jpg

Last edited:

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004

ROOF RACKS SUCK FOR LONG DUSTAMCE TRIPS!!
-MPG 18 (in a Prius, lol)
-cant go through drive throughs.

Cost me SEVERAL hundred dollars extra in gas ...I'll use hitch mount.View attachment 197611
4k miles in a week, mad.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
That's gotta be close to 10hrs driving per day. Where were you going? and how long did you manage to get to ride the bikes?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Cost me SEVERAL hundred dollars extra in gas ...I'll use hitch mount.View attachment 197611
Have you tried mounting them facing backwards?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Learned that the hard way with my old Thule Sidearms up on the roof rack.
About 40% hit on gas mileage on my old Honda Civic hatch. Now have a one-up and the hit is minimal, like I don't notice it cause I like on-ramps so 8500rpm gets hit regular like. First time I had to stop for gas part way, I was like WTF? Took me a couple minutes of pondering down the road before :lighten: :twitch: :mad:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

interesting. in my super unfashionable accord hybrid with two bikes on my super unfashionable roof racks i still get mid-20s on long trips. even driving like a prick...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
interesting. in my super unfashionable accord hybrid with two bikes on my super unfashionable roof racks i still get mid-20s on long trips. even driving like a prick...
A lot depends on the shape of your particular car. Not only are you pushing a bike through the wind but if it can disturb the flow coming off the back of the car, mileage can take a huge hit. A kamm back like a Prius will be very susceptible.

Mr car takes a good hit with a normal hitch rack. I made my own that tucks the bike closer to the car and now I actually get better mileage with a bike.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
part of the reason i haven't gone hitch is that i've been able to get my roof rack mounts to work with every car i've had for the past 30 years. the other is that my car (and likely the prius) aren't rated for a 2" mount...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
part of the reason i haven't gone hitch is that i've been able to get my roof rack mounts to work with every car i've had for the past 30 years. the other is that my car (and likely the prius) aren't rated for a 2" mount...
Prius is barely rated for humans ..lmao
They aren't designed for 2" hitch capability and tongue weight.. idiots will try and tow a trailer..saw an accord pulling a small flat bed with a train track service rig in Oregon . Guy has not a clue
I have a 2" hitch...grabbed 1 from a guy who was lucky enough to get it before they stopped. I like the way hitch racks are more secure and less wiggle than the tiny set up.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
San Diego Went to redwoods, Eugene Or, st Marie's Idaho, Montana, back down and ventured off to Mt hood, Portland, then back to redwoods and San Francisco back to San Diego
all riding spots? That's some road trip :thumb:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
all riding spots? That's some road trip :thumb:
We rode a lot of it and missed out on a few I wanted ...tamarack (smoke jumper, rockstar), brundidge, Mt Spokane (old beacon bomber double down line) I missed this run....

But it was a great time wife and I had a good time took my sister in laws husband riding DH for his first time ...he rides MX and single track in mountains...Rick killed it...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Question; how you guys can afford, or WANT to pay lift served riding these days!? Around here the cheapest is $68 for a tiny boring mountain. Bromont is like $90 or something.
Nope. But I still get the itch every now and then…

But I paid waaaay too much to live where I can pedal to some pretty great riding.

You could buy a lot of gas and lift passes for the premium I paid for my dwelling.

It’s hard to put a price on being able to do it 365, though.

#Switchbacksfordaze

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Nope. But I still get the itch every now and then…

But I paid waaaay too much to live where I can pedal to some pretty great riding.

You could buy a lot of gas and lift passes for the premium I paid for my dwelling.

It’s hard to put a price on being able to do it 365, though.

#Switchbacksfordaze
Same here, but not BC great. I can pedal to the bike park, which got the same D- as Highland, but the lack of creativity and number of trails is abysmal.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yep pretty sure I've matured, I can control the spontaneous urge to ask him "WTF?"..
KIDDING...come on it was the first thing out of my mouth to him and then I asked him if he's had any close calls with asphyxiation at night by being to stupid to breath while sleeping...

Maybe all the layers of paint make it hold up to the abuse better...
-Painted over other paint he had
-Looks like a glossy sparkly fruit leather grape flavored
-had stanchios etched and re anoed but failed to have one of the most important parts done, electro polish or polished before.
20230725_110013.jpg
20230725_110443.jpg
20230725_105832.jpg
20230725_110436.jpg

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I was gonna say that. The Surron crowd is big into painting, vinyl wrapping, etc. Many of them only ride "street", doing wheelies and stuff.
P.S. Here's my new "big Surron", the Ultra Bee, after removing/trimming the plastics and street legal stuff. 185lbs, 10" travel, all moto parts, and crazy acceleration from 10-50mph.
View attachment 197657
I was gonna yell at you for posting this in the downhill content thread but that is pretty fuckin' rad.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I was gonna say that. The Surron crowd is big into painting, vinyl wrapping, etc. Many of them only ride "street", doing wheelies and stuff.
P.S. Here's my new "big Surron", the Ultra Bee, after removing/trimming the plastics and street legal stuff. 185lbs, 10" travel, all moto parts, and crazy acceleration from 10-50mph.
View attachment 197657
Is that front brake cable, or what is going on with the weird cable / hose fitting on the fork lowers?

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
View attachment 197657
My buddy just got the same one. I can’t wait to try it.

HeadMaster

Chimp
Feb 8, 2019
Have one in route! Can’t wait
View attachment 197657

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
View attachment 197657
Alright, being that you're mostly partly Coloradoan. And hopefully you know about Fort Collins. Is a Surron something you'd consider? There's really only like 3 moto trails that are within an hour of driving time. But they are pretty cool. Having done it on a normal mtb. Just trying to justify the cost to the wife....:D I am Surron Curious :D Plenty of regular motos, 4x's and Sidebysides/Razors do these trails too.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
View attachment 197657
Yeah that thing is badass .buddy drew and Eli bring in containers and sell on the light bee they are working with another importer on those...look up sdsurron in Instagram they do a crap ton of high end and fully custom builds...they have done a few pros MX and such...

That thing is badass..

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Is that front brake cable, or what is going on with the weird cable / hose fitting on the fork lowers?
The fork guard secures the brake hose in 2 places instead of the usual 1. I think you're seeing the lower one. Above the crowns the hose looks a little weird cuz I have it run to the left lever. I'm an American DHer at heart so my right index finger wants to control the rear brake.