Quantcast

Fashion content

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Alright, being that you're mostly partly Coloradoan. And hopefully you know about Fort Collins. Is a Surron something you'd consider? There's really only like 3 moto trails that are within an hour of driving time. But they are pretty cool. Having done it on a normal mtb. Just trying to justify the cost to the wife....:D I am Surron Curious :D Plenty of regular motos, 4x's and Sidebysides/Razors do these trails too.
Sorry, I don't know that corner of the state at all. I will say that a Surron Light Bee with some aftermarket suspension and chassis parts is a really fun dirtbike for any mountain biker*. Due to size, weight, and no fluids they're really easy to transport and store compared to other dirtbikes. This new Ultra Bee feels less like a DH bike and more like a traditional moto, mostly due to weight.

*They're okay stock but you'll feel like the geometry is whack compared to your MTB until you change some stuff.

Sorry for the thread detour.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Sorry, I don't know that corner of the state at all. I will say that a Surron Light Bee with some aftermarket suspension and chassis parts is a really fun dirtbike for any mountain biker*. Due to size, weight, and no fluids they're really easy to transport and store compared to other dirtbikes. This new Ultra Bee feels less like a DH bike and more like a traditional moto, mostly due to weight.

*They're okay stock but you'll feel like the geometry is whack compared to your MTB until you change some stuff.

Sorry for the thread detour.
Thanks @Lelandjt

For $4500 or so. That's cheaper than an MTB. It goes against my doctrine, but still....I'm still curious :D

Anywho, for DH Content thread, I am not happy to report. Like really, Granby Ranch/SolVista/Silvercreek, whatever you want to call it has a special place in my heart. So many races, so many bros met. USA Nationals. Etc. But now, for what ever reason, it has decreased it's trail system. If you haven't been before, you won't know. But if I told you that 4 of it's iconic DH trails were no longer....What would you think? And it's a small mountain. Not talking Keystone, Vail, Crested Butte or Warrior Princess. Small. But mighty. Or at least it used to be.

Specifically these tracks/trails (because I used to race these tracks and know them a little too well) - Drifter, Stranger, Cougar, Buc Nasty - All are closed. Why? I do not know. Insurance? Maintenance? Costs? Building of a new lift? Not sure. They are no longer on the trail map and any entrance to what used to be used is closed off with downed trees or logs and whatnot.

I still had a good time. Even golfing with the wife and kid. And yes the kid did enjoy a little mtb singletrack out of the village.

I don't know. Just hoping that DH isn't dead and techy, steep, challenging and awesome trails will continue to exist.

Crossing my fingers for that and maybe a little praying too :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Brage x Jah Drop
I never thought I'd see another person fail that IQ test

His damn bike blew apart
:rofl:

I'm just here for the suron ultra content.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Amazing that in the 10(?maybe more?) years since bender first hit it that no one has figured out how to build a proper landing there.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I did not make this trip, but we had a big crew make it out to Thunder this weekend.
One of them was air-lifted off of Fort Hill today.

Apparently he got himself out of shape and was bucked on the huge dirt double overshooting the landing.
I don't have all the details, ,but from what I have heard it is bad...
wrist
neck
clavicle
9 ribs and a punctured lung
lower back
pelvis
???
no word on paralysis.

I just needed to...ah hell I don't know what the fuck I need, just totally bent outta shape.

FUCK

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Holy shit man, I hope he's gloing to be okay after all those breakages. Young guy or older dude?

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Brage x Jah Drop
Well being a new subscriber to GCN+ to watch the world cups, I thought I could watch the movie on the platform since they also have movies!! But when I search "Nothing's for free", I only get road riding highlights from 2021. :clapping: Fuckers.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I did not make this trip, but we had a big crew make it out to Thunder this weekend.
One of them was air-lifted off of Fort Hill today.

Apparently he got himself out of shape and was bucked on the huge dirt double overshooting the landing.
I don't have all the details, ,but from what I have heard it is bad...
wrist
neck
clavicle
9 ribs and a punctured lung
lower back
pelvis
???
no word on paralysis.

I just needed to...ah hell I don't know what the fuck I need, just totally bent outta shape.

FUCK
Bloody hell. That sucks

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I had some spare time tonight to watch the new "Nothing's for free" movie while doing some computer stuff, but that time window has been shut. When I saw that it was produced by Outside media, my search was over.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I had some spare time tonight to watch the new "Nothing's for free" movie while doing some computer stuff, but that time window has been shut. When I saw that it was produced by Outside media, my search was over.
ah, my bad

duh

sorry my brain has a closed door when it comes to "anything modern coming from mountainbiking"

It makes a blind spot in my head because I can't imagine a world where anyone else would seek these things out

I thought you were looking for bender shit because I'm an idiot :rofl:

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I like to watch the races, but I'm not a big fan of mtb movies. I just watched the 3 latest episodes of Neko Mullaly's Frameworks videos instead on youtube. He's got a cool project going on and it's interesting to follow the development of his frames. If you like old mountainbiking things, Frank the Welder is building his aluminium frames.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
To be fair, judging by his facial expression, I think that the guy is just commuting to work with his thrift store bike and took the gravel shortcut because he was a bit late. Or he thought he would have time to arrive at the office before taking a shit and just realized he should have went before leaving.

Also, he might have a little memory problem because he got his name screen printed on his lycra shorts in case someone finds him.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
To be fair, judging by his facial expression, I think that the guy is just commuting to work with his thrift store bike and took the gravel shortcut because he was a bit late. Or he thought he would have time to arrive at the office before taking a shit and just realized he should have went before leaving.

Also, he might have a little memory problem because he got his name screen printed on his lycra shorts in case someone finds him.
this guy must must be late for work at 7-11

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Here's some DH content:..
Man I am so over all the bullshit in this industry , changes, this is best, that's best, oh we lied here's a new bike is the bestest, even more bester than the best one...the media hype bs needs to stop, they need to prototype, let us drool.. and when it's a totally proven design then release it...
I am going to keep my rides till I find a bester one to move too...shit gives me anxiety.

Ok rants over...rebuilt my DPX2 o HTLT Which I actually like that shock from fox ..feels like new and not blown from trip...ohlins on order for it but I like the dpx2...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here's some DH content:..
Man I am so over all the bullshit in this industry , changes, this is best, that's best, oh we lied here's a new bike is the bestest, even more bester than the best one...the media hype bs needs to stop, they need to prototype, let us drool.. and when it's a totally proven design then release it...
I am going to keep my rides till I find a bester one to move too...shit gives me anxiety.

Ok rants over...rebuilt my DPX2 o HTLT Which I actually like that shock from fox ..feels like new and not blown from trip...ohlins on order for it but I like the dpx2...
We have a thread for that. :)

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
this guy must must be late for work at 7-11

I like to think that Tomac was making a statement that the downhill courses were too easy and was trying to push DH into what we know now. That guy knew how to ride. He probably showed up and was like, "I ride moto, this is a joke. I'm gonna put drop bars on my bike to show them this isn't mountain biking. Then I'm gonna race pro DH competitively until I get to be in the era of difficult courses and capable bikes."
What a legend.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I like to think that Tomac was making a statement that the downhill courses were too easy and was trying to push DH into what we know now. That guy knew how to ride. He probably showed up and was like, "I ride moto, this is a joke. I'm gonna put drop bars on my bike to show them this isn't mountain biking. Then I'm gonna race pro DH competitively until I get to be in the era of difficult courses and capable bikes."
What a legend.
Well yeah, I could probably make up a story in my head that makes him seem cool too.

I never thought coke bottle rose colored glasses existed.

he's wearing spandex.

with a mullet

he looks like a dork. He just does.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Pierre le Merde wore his moms long johns and his dad's hockey pads in 1991 to protest the objectification of women in tackle cricket. He was so ahead of his time, he did runs with his seat high enough to sterilize himself as a statement on the future of humanity without the existence of dropper posts. He used pink mag wheels to bring attention to david lee roth's spandex in order to show solidarity with the true van halen, and not that dad rock shit sammy hagar made.

What a legend

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Pierre le Merde wore his moms long johns and his dad's hockey pads in 1991 to protest the objectification of women in tackle cricket. He was so head of his time, he did runs with his seat high enough to sterilize himself as a statement on the future of humanity without the existence of dropper posts. He used pink mag wheels to bring attention to david lee roth's spandex in order to show solidarity with the true van halen, and not that dad rock shit sammy hagar made.

What a legend

All sorts of "WTF" going on in this pic