Quantcast

Fast and Furious 7....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Just saw the first showing at our local theatre. OK, so it's the usual CGI/fast car driving/fightfightfight scenes. Yet the cars are wicked (newer red Lambo got me), and some of the fights are reasonable. Without giving a spoiler alert, there are 2 scenes that I did shed a serious tear during. And if you know and understand my personal situation, you'll agree why they hit me hard.

Definitely better in the theatre than drive in, unless you have an 80-inch screen and surround sound at home. Then, crack the beers and enjoy when it hits DVD status......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Hey, it was opening day, and wifey wanted to see it to scoop the stepson. With the 12:50 showing, I wonder why there were only 20 people in the audience??

Six sequels to a movie is proof that Hollywood has no more original ideas.
And to think, there is already a rumor of FF8?

No, MFing remakes is proof of that.
True, so very true....

does anyone/everyone die?
One of the main group of characters does, so it's a quick cameo for that person......

BTW, Ronda Rousey is in it, and she is rather good looking all dressed up.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
we saw teh first four at the drive in back in memphis. FF franchise is kinda fun if you dont take it too seriously.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
How can you not enjoy the ridiculousness of the Fast and Furious movies?

I think it's an excellent franchise. None of the movies pretend to be anything other than eye candy, and on that they deliver in spades.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I haven't seen any of them so I'm afraid if I tried the watch the 7th one I'd be completely lost.
It is a complicated plot line that has taken 7 movies to fully unfold. Had it been a book series, it would have been a 3 fold pamphlet that the intended audience wouldn't have the attention span to finish in one sitting.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It is a complicated plot line that has taken 7 movies to fully unfold. Had it been a book series, it would have been a 3 fold pamphlet that the intended audience wouldn't have the attention span to finish in one sitting.
Sounds exactly like the Police Academy series. After seeing the first two, I tried to jump right into Mission to Moscow and I think I got in a little over my head.