Quantcast

Fastest downhillers in the SOUTH...? Male and Female

Herndon has been the fastest for quite a while, but this has changed over the past two years. Chris Wyatt has constntly been challenging for the top spot. The older Beytagh brother is up there this year (the South African Pro- was in MBA a few months back). When Ryan ( I forget his last name) shows up, he'll 'git 'er 'dun. Hell Stiles did atimed run at Charlotte and smoked everyone, and he wasn't racing. I'm not dissing Herndon at all, everyone is catching him.

I wish I had half the skill all these guys have.

Wendy

Chimp
Feb 9, 2004
NC
I think that Ellen Adams is the fastest girl I've seen for downhill so far. The girl who won sugar was fast too. There is a pro CarolGibbs, but i dont know how fast at downhill she is.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
In no certain order:
Chris Herndon
Butch Green
Jeremy Rainey
Ryan Bloch
Ryan Taylor
Garett ? (South Africa)
Doug Ferguson
Chris Wyatt

I know I am missing one or two.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
spoke80 said:
In no certain order:
Chris Herndon
Butch Green
Jeremy Rainey
Ryan Bloch
Ryan Taylor
Garett ? (South Africa)
Doug Ferguson
Chris Wyatt

I know I am missing one or two.
No, no there is a very certain order...

Doug Ferguson
Chris Herndon
Ryan Taylor...

hahahahaha :oink:

Thanks for the nod, but I gimped my wrist yesterday after you left and now I'm slow again. :nopity:

BTW, Look at the Windrock times from the last race...

In this order...
Herndon
McCoy
Bloch
Ramsbottom

:thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ryan taylor stomped the course record at sugar and beat the second place guy by 9 seconds. herndon is fast and getting faster, Doug is workin on his tables tops/moto whips ( :p ), the SEI guys, stiles is a fast dual rider.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Herndon has by far been the fastest, and most importantly, the most consistent at being the fastest. He has a ton of experience and is a very smart racer. Even though, I don't have his raw speed or talent, he is the guy I TRY to model myself after as a racer. Just being fit and ready for all courses, tough or small, etc...
There are a bunch of fast dudes around here that have already been named
like Taylor, Bloch, McCoy etc.....
And don't forget the Virginia boys just because we do not see them much,
Milby, Kalan, and Stone etc...
There is also a ton of super fast guys around here that do not race, or do not race anymore. Guys like Tyler Williams (pure raw speed), Nick R. along with a whole crew around Asheville who hauls azz.
Tenn. has Doug, Ben, Terry, etc....
Our team is spread out all over and always ready to race.
In general, our whole scene is fast and I am proud to be a part of it,
considering how few racers we actually have. Just the national results alone speak for themselves.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I should only get a nod for "fastest in practice"....the rest of the time I spend wrapping myself around boulders and riding my face!

No wait, change that to "Fastest Excuse"...I'm the top pro in that category.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Damn, Ricky Wiles from GA is one of the fastest over 40 DHers in the country.
He doesn't show up to many S.E. races but he podiums almost every national.
He's also kicking ass in the SuperD series. The guy is so fast at one time he had the second fastest speeding ticket in Georgia, on a motorcycle.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Peete said:
Damn, Ricky Wiles from GA is one of the fastest over 40 DHers in the country.
He doesn't show up to many S.E. races but he podiums almost every national.
He's also kicking ass in the SuperD series. The guy is so fast at one time he had the second fastest speeding ticket in Georgia, on a motorcycle.
Oh yeah, he is a badass for sure.

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
looking back at where we were we are all going crazy fast over huge stuff these days. The south had no respect at Nationals, now we have a bunch of pro and semi pro riders.
Reflect with me... Wolf Laurell back in 96 or whenever. it was a dirt road and a grassy ski slope, but we all thought it was the biggest baddest place to ride.

My point is, we've all come a long way and we should all be proud of ourselves. I could name 30 guys that have my respect.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
nuttypoolog said:
looking back at where we were we are all going crazy fast over huge stuff these days. The south had no respect at Nationals, now we have a bunch of pro and semi pro riders.
Reflect with me... Wolf Laurell back in 96 or whenever. it was a dirt road and a grassy ski slope, but we all thought it was the biggest baddest place to ride.

My point is, we've all come a long way and we should all be proud of ourselves. I could name 30 guys that have my respect.
True dat!