Quantcast

Fat Chance Yo Eddy...looking for assistance

Hi monkeys

Looking for some guidance...I came into posession of a Fat Chance Yo Eddy...the guy I bought it off bought it painted black by some freak. You can see the original paint job underneath ( kinda mauve/lilac/purple! )

Firstly any suggestions for finding out the original color scheme and specs. Secondly anyone know of a product to strip the black coat off. Thirdly how bout somewhere to get the original stickers made up?

Cheers
And how do to all of you monkeys..havent been here in ages!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i have no idea how to answer your question. but post up pics when its done. theres a local here that has like 5 or of those bikes. and is a fanatic about them

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
if you strip the black you're going to strip the original paint job. there are a few places with original sticker kits laying around. i'd look on ebay. there's allllllllllllllllllllllllll sorts of fat city stuff on ebay that ppl have around. if you want to have it repainted you should contact the boys at IF specifically in the paint department and see what they have to say. for a long time they were repainted old fat's. call them monday and talk to matt or joe in the office. if they aren't there leave a message for the boys in paint. 617-666-3609

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
You could also throw a call to Ted Wojcik. I'm told a few years back he took over the warranty duties for Fat City frames (some kind of deal when that holding company that had fat city and serotta sold 'em), but I dont know all the details.
Ted's a resourceful guy, and knows many of the original Fat City folks well.
I'm sure with warranty duties, he has access to the paint and decals...I could be worng, but give him a call anyhow, he'll point you in the right direction.
(603) 329- 8057

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
buttychunkster said:
yes indeed...how goes it? It will be anice ride one day...at the moment its just a black frame with a Thompson seatpost seized in it! A work in progress you might say...been collecting some early XTR to deck it out...hows tricks
Goes alright. I haven't ridden in ages. Times are a changing. Freelancing, scrapping by. Good of you to stop by. I'm not here much anymore either. You still living the good life in Kiwi land? Buddy of mine spent several months in Wellington. Loves it.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
buttychunkster said:
Cheers man...might flick an email...NZ to IF might cost a bit!

Thanks
it might but you won't find to many other ppl who know what the hell they're doing with that bike, or even ppl who originally built it.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Chris Chance's ex-wife actually has all of the old stickers from practically every bike they ever made. I got a set from her about 5 months ago. The info is in my desk at work. I'll get it to you.

The First Flight connection is a good one as well. Jeff Archer is the guy to talk to. He may have what you are looking for.

indieboy said:
it might but you won't find to many other ppl who know what the hell they're doing with that bike, or even ppl who originally built it.
I hear ya! Its nice to have the ability to trace the history of a bike in these mass production days we live in isnt it? Buddy of mone spent some time with Lloyd, Tyler and co. Ill try and sort something out :)

As for the dumb luck finding the eddy..it was pretty much. Some guy advertised and nobody wanted it! Got the complete bike for US$250 with a King Headset too.iut has been butchered tho with all kinds of crap components...still the heart of steel beats on!

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
PM Draco. I don't know if he checks the forums much, but his family owns 2 or 3 Fat Chance bikes and at least one is a Yo Eddie. I think I know exactly the paint scheme you're talking about, and they've got one.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
buttychunkster said:
I hear ya! Its nice to have the ability to trace the history of a bike in these mass production days we live in isnt it? Buddy of mone spent some time with Lloyd, Tyler and co. Ill try and sort something out :)

As for the dumb luck finding the eddy..it was pretty much. Some guy advertised and nobody wanted it! Got the complete bike for US$250 with a King Headset too.iut has been butchered tho with all kinds of crap components...still the heart of steel beats on!
who's your buddy? i race for them and spent some time up there as their shop bitch for the summer. odds are i know this person....

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i didn't know stu. if i'm not mistaken he was a painter for a while and left b/c of some health issues no?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
As for the dumb luck finding the eddy..it was pretty much. Some guy advertised and nobody wanted it! Got the complete bike for US$250 with a King Headset too.iut has been butchered tho with all kinds of crap components...still the heart of steel beats on![/QUOTE]

um...you suck :jealous:

j/k damn what a steal...pun intended.

you HAVE to post pics once you've got it lookin' all proper again

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
buttychunkster said:
Hi monkeys

Looking for some guidance...I came into posession of a Fat Chance Yo Eddy...the guy I bought it off bought it painted black by some freak. You can see the original paint job underneath ( kinda mauve/lilac/purple! )

Firstly any suggestions for finding out the original color scheme and specs. Secondly anyone know of a product to strip the black coat off. Thirdly how bout somewhere to get the original stickers made up?

Cheers
Hey Chris long time no see :nope:
Welcome back. :cool:

Have you checked around the local car painters?..... some of the higer end ones might be able to help you with the stripping back of the crap black paint. :)

DaveW said:
Hey Chris long time no see :nope:
Welcome back. :cool:

Have you checked around the local car painters?..... some of the higer end ones might be able to help you with the stripping back of the crap black paint. :)
Chuuuuuurr bro!

AND Gidday...head to the North SHore andd find the nearest purple RX& driver witha metalic fade paint jon your recon!! haha

get back to you soon hey..gottsa to go to work 2 hours up the coast

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
buttychunkster said:
Hi monkeys

Cheers
:eek: Holy crap!!!! were the hell you been?