Quantcast

Fat tire fest

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Anyone going to FTF in Eureka Springs? A few local guys and I are going up to do the point to point XC race. Supposedly it's pretty hard. I've never been to the FTF before... curious what goes on other than the race.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I've never been. 'Posed to be a real good time and the Lake Leatherwood trails are evidently an awesome ride. Eureka Springs has neat "eclectic hippie vibe tourist trap" downtown area. Go to Bubba's BBQ for some decent pulled pork.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I've never been. 'Posed to be a real good time and the Lake Leatherwood trails are evidently an awesome ride. Eureka Springs has neat "eclectic hippie vibe tourist trap" downtown area. Go to Bubba's BBQ for some decent pulled pork.
I'll take your advice on the BBQ... I'll make it the post race meal.

I think the lake leatherwood trails are what make up the circuit at the end of the race. I'm looking forward to those the most... seems like the race covers just about every type of terrain... city streets, gravel roads and singletrack. Sounds like it could be very cool... 2500 feet of climbing (which doesn't sound too bad), as long as it's not all at once.