Quantcast

Fat

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
I just got tested for fat% and I got 12%

I train pretty hard so I expected lower.

is that good??? or should I cut on the good stuff.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Deyv
less fat to get on top of the climb!
Well, it depends on how serious you are about racing. I don't really go out of my way to alter my diet for racing, I eat what I want. I think 6-13% body fat is considered normal for a male athlete.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by Heidi

Well, it depends on how serious you are about racing. I don't really go out of my way to alter my diet for racing, I eat what I want. I think 6-13% body fat is considered normal for a male athlete.
Woo hoo I am a normal male Athlete. I never been called that before say it again...... NORMAL!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Deyv

Woo hoo I am a normal male Athlete. I never been called that before say it again...... NORMAL!
No, YOU aren't normal, your body fat % is normal.:D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
sittin at good ol 7% here. my dad runs alot and he is very competative w/ me so he will pretty much kill himself running to drop down to my level. i think the closest he ever came to what i'm at was something like 14%.

R

RideMonkey

I think the average for males is 19%. I think your doin pretty well dave.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
I just got my fat tested yesterday... I'm down to 16.2%! May not seem like much, but I've been working my butt off trying to lose the 20 lbs of weight I put on when I got married. I'm not too worried about my weight now, because I'm weight training, but I want to lower that fat level. I actually can see the veins in my arms now... :D

My goal is to be at 12% body fat. Wish me luck. :cool:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by G-Cracker
I just got my fat tested yesterday... I'm down to 16.2%! May not seem like much, but I've been working my butt off trying to lose the 20 lbs of weight I put on when I got married. I'm not too worried about my weight now, because I'm weight training, but I want to lower that fat level. I actually can see the veins in my arms now... :D

My goal is to be at 12% body fat. Wish me luck. :cool:
Good luck G-Cracker!

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
There are a number of ways to do it, the easiest being puchasing one of those scales that have the body fat sensor built in. They run anywhere from $50-$120 depending on the complexity and numer of "users" it can remember.

I don't have one of those yet (it's on the purchase list) but my wife and I had ours done at our local gym... using the caliper method.

Plus the young woman that administered the test was cute! :devil: :D