Quantcast

Fatality at Ironman Hamburg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Official Race Photog Moto collided with a Competitor on his bike. Moto driver dead, Racer critical Photog minor injuries

How in the fuck. I was a Cat 2 USAT race official for 6 years and was on the back of a moto for that entire time. It's obvious that the center line was crossed and from the article it would seem that the competitor crossed the line. Either an illegal pass >crossing the centerline, or rider loss of control (medical or inattention). Horrible however it happened

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Given the crazy videos out there of heavy objects moving at speed around wobbly bikers, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Not good for anyone involved.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
this is why white people task promoters should be stopped

iron man, tough mudder, gravel racing

all events to enrichen distant promoters enticing other rich white people to give them money for exercise because they're all too fucking lazy to go build trails and think they need tasks to work towards as their soul dies in a cubicle

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Official Race Photog Moto collided with a Competitor on his bike. Moto driver dead, Racer critical Photog minor injuries

How in the fuck. I was a Cat 2 USAT race official for 6 years and was on the back of a moto for that entire time. It's obvious that the center line was crossed and from the article it would seem that the competitor crossed the line. Either an illegal pass >crossing the centerline, or rider loss of control (medical or inattention). Horrible however it happened

From the footage that emerged, it was the motorcycle that passed and violated the center line.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
There was a fair bit of cha about if the bike course was OK to use. Not only because of accidents, but also fairness regarding the no draft rule.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
IAB Tri is big in Europe and get covered like Pro Cycling does and Mdot is all about money. TV money. So yeah the Euro championships would be heavily covered there. Here in the States you would barely even know that the Hawaii Ironman was shown on an obscure cable channel.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
this is why white people task promoters should be stopped

iron man, tough mudder, gravel racing

all events to enrichen distant promoters enticing other rich white people to give them money for exercise because they're all too fucking lazy to go build trails and think they need tasks to work towards as their soul dies in a cubicle
I loved the Color Runs, they sorta seemed like they'd be a fund raiser, and they were, but only really for the people that put them on.
Hey white person, wanna pay to inhale rainbows? Fuck yeah!