Quantcast

Fatbikes at Kingdom Trails

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I did one weekend last winter @ Kingdom on the snow bike. Ridge -> Rim -> East Branch was awesome on snow. Pines ran great as well.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I put a couple of Kona "Wo's" into my rental fleet the other week, before I did however I dumped the bars and mech brakes for shimano hydros and DMR wingbars.

Took one out for a blast on thew local trails, insanely fun bouncing all over the show coming thru various rock gardens!
Most entertaining and fun ride I done in years.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
was at a shop a couple weeks ago that sold moonlanders, tires and all that. Studded tires for them were $250/ea!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I still don't get fat bikes.

for me it ranks along with telemark skiing....I mean...you CAN do it....but I don't see how it would be enjoyable.
Riding a fatbike on wide open flat Nordic trails is like riding a normal bike in the summer on roads or wide doubletrack flat trails. You don't get a fatbike to do that, unless you are using it to sub for a road bike. You get a fat bike to ride ups and downs through the trees on packed snow single track that is a foot or two wide. Lots of fun coming down a bermed/banked trail of packed snow, and the ride is transformed in the winter, as the rigid fatbike does not beat you up or react like a rigid bike in the summertime. Lots of people get them in the summer thinking that throw pressure will be like suspension, and they are disappointed that it is mostly like a rigid bike with real heavy wheels, but they come alive in winter.