Quantcast

Father & son vids at the Bike Park in Stowe, VT

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I was able to hit up the Stowe Bike Park a couple times during a family trip up there a couple weekends ago. The park was running nicely and it was real good to see some new lines going up. No vids of the new stuff but I rode w/ Jason the last night I was there and got to hit them up - floaty and tight is a good word to describe the new line.

The rest of the place is rad too - plenty of stuff for the little ones that were with us. My son Sean and his cousin had a few friends that were in town with us as well.

Props to Jason (main builder now), Ron @ Iride, any locals that dig and maintain there (great job!) and of course Hardy Avery.

Vids aren't anything nutty, but shows how much fun the place is for both old and young and various abiliities...

http://www.defconfour.com/movies/stowe/sean_stowe_park_2007.wmv
My son Sean at the park. First clip is a train w/ him and his cousin. They both just turned 8 a week before the trip to Stowe. Sean was eyeing up that wood drop when we went there the first day. After some coaching he got it done. I don't know if he or I was more stoked!

http://www.defconfour.com/movies/stowe/don_stowe_park_2007.wmv
Me, hitting the table top/Hip line. Then the Outside line. I must of hit the Outside line a 100x this trip - it was so fun. O yeah, those are my son, his cousins and friends heckling at me. I tried to get one of them to stay still and nose bonk but none of them would :)

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Thanks for the words. That harsh rebound was driving me insane - I hate clunks while riding and I had that combined w/ a loose King headset and the plastic spacer in my FSA BB disintigrated. It was driving me insane!

I agree w/ Cru - every town should have a park like this. I think this spot was 2-3 acres and could just have easily be put on 1 or 2. Seemed like the jumps had more people than the 3 soccer fields nearby every time I went there too.

Landon - Sean is running a 16" dk General Lee that's had a bunch of lighter parts swapped to it. I'll have to post pics of it one of these days - everytime I'd place an order, I'd get a couple or parts for him too - it's more dialed than my Molly :D