Quantcast

Fattest Tires for 29 inch

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
WTB Exiwolf, but I have heard mixed reviews on them. 2.35 tire, looks nice, but not that much bigger than the 2.2's and 2.1's that are out there.

The Ito

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
I'm running the Exiwolf on the front. Definitely bigger than the Bontrager ACX 2.2 and the Motoraptor 2.1. Works better than I expected when I first saw the tread pattern, in fact , the only place it wasn't performing as well as I wanted was hard pack fast corners that had dust on them. I think a 2.4 Moto with it's bigger lugs would give more traction. I would not run the Exiwolf on the rear for my type of terrain and riding style. I need bigger, wider spaced lugs for that.

budgetrider

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
Thanks, I heard 29's are much better than 26, so I'm thinking of going 29 for my next bike if I can find wide tires. I love the way 2.4 Kujo's smoothed things out compared to 2.1's and 2.2's. I's looking to see if I could pimp out a 29er in a similar way.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Right now there aren't a lot of big tires for the 29ers - yet. I usually run 2.3 - 2.4 on my 26. I'm noticing the 2.1, 2.2 sizes work pretty well on the bigger hoops since there is more volume but would love to get a 2.4 Moto for the front and a 2.3 or 2.4 Kenda Nevegal for the rear. But, more tires keep coming out, so hopefully we'll see some soon.